• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2001 Ram 2500 KeyFOB

On 4/7/2021 at 5:14 AM, Dieselfuture said:

Got instructions from the seller of a remote.

Going to try this later today, if I can find that button is talking about.

1. Open the driver's door. Drivers door MUST remain open and interior light on to enter into the programming mode.

2. Turn vehicle ignition on.

3. Press and hold emergency override button. After 10-15 seconds, the siren or horn will sound three (3) times. This indicates that the unit has entered the transmitter programming mode.

Keep holding the button.

4. Press the ARM button on the remote transmitter to be programmed. The siren or horn will sound once, indicating that the system has "learned" that remote transmitter.

5. Repeat step 5 for any additional transmitters.

6. Turn the vehicle ignition off and release the emergency override button to exit the programming mode. Test all remote transmitters to ensure that they work properly by toggling the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons.

I’ll have to try this. I bought a couple of fobs a couple of years ago. Could never get them programmed. I still have a working fob with the panic button. Most times I unlocked my truck especially after it sits for a few hours, the horn will honk 3 times. Can’t figure that out. My neighbors love me at 4:30am as I’m heading to work. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

All I can find is discontinued, one site shows a picture of what looks like a relay or something. I see no buttons, but description does say a bypass switch. I guess I'll look for it some more tonight. Part #4886258AA 

https://www.jeeppartsoverstock.com/p/Jeep_2004_Liberty/SWITCH-Programing-Bypass-Alarm--Keyless-Alarm/42209806/04886258AA.html

6 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Yes that was his reply, he sent me another crappy picture of what I'm looking for and then I follow wires from there and find a button. I'm starting to feel like a leprechaun looking for pot of gold at the end of the rainbow :lmao:

"There will be a black box like this. Then if you trace the wires , at the end of one of them will be a push button. Thanks."

Screenshot_20210409-063734.png.e224e436dd4d6d9c08d81262f60042e4.png

found the sole remaining camera flip phone or was a thumbnail that didn't get opened.. jeeze that's bad..

@Dieselfuture, how did the photo get sent to you? Because if its a text it will be shrunk and if you limit your data on your phone it might be shrunk as well. either download the pic over wifi or open the email on a desktop might get better results.... but i'd be asking for clarification on the photo sent for sure.

2 hours ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

found the sole remaining camera flip phone or was a thumbnail that didn't get opened.. jeeze that's bad..

@Dieselfuture, how did the photo get sent to you? Because if its a text it will be shrunk and if you limit your data on your phone it might be shrunk as well. either download the pic over wifi or open the email on a desktop might get better results.... but i'd be asking for clarification on the photo sent for sure.

He sent the image through eBay messages there is no option to download it. He sounds pretty confident that there is a box with a button, I'll look for it some more this weekend. If I can figure it out I'll just wait until someday I may go to the dealer to do a few other things, unless I find that cheap drb3 :lmao:

• Like 1