• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

1998.5 Ripley value

I have a 98 3500 I am thinking about selling

It has 158000 miles no rust professional painted

New vp44 gauges never run below 15 # fuel pressure

Fully splined 5 the gear shaft 

Upgraded input shaft 

Kdp Taber 

It is a 53 block no leaks 

Air bags 

One owner used to tow RV 

Excellent condition I can't drive it anymore health problems what would be a good price?

I am trying to figure out the Ripley value my self. Never heard of that one. I know my Ripley value is to low. Still looking for that garage find for cheap. It does sound like a fine truck. The 53 block is the only bad spot I see in your description. How to price it is over may head.

Dave Ripley

3 minutes ago, mountaindan said:

That is supposed to be dually.  Being old with fat finger's is a big downfall.

I am 68, no fat fingers just small keys. If the interior is as nice as the exterior sounds you could ask 15 to 20 and hope the right buyer comes. That is just my best guess. We have seen some big numbers on some of these trucks. Is it a one owner?

• Staff
21 hours ago, IBMobile said:

I like that white one with no bed.. I have perfectly good white long bed in the back yard. Could bring it to me? Chicken express maybe???

Thanks guys for the input, I am still trying to figure out what to do.  My granddaughter will be driving in a couple weeks, she likes the truck but it is a five speed which scares her.  I may let her learn to drive it she may never want a automatic.  I also have a fifth wheel RV for sale I may put them up as a pair.  I am sure going to miss my truck

• Staff
1 hour ago, mountaindan said:

I may let her learn to drive it she may never want a automatic. 

1023160843_How-men-and-women-see-manual-transmission-image-source-dieseltruckgallery.com_1.jpg.12d2c3f88d122ad0d1fa04bb225a62a4.jpg

I taught both my kids to drive stick shifts; wish I had a stick now so I could teach the grandkids.

2 hours ago, dripley said:

I like that white one with no bed.. I have perfectly good white long bed in the back yard.      Could bring it to me? Chicken express maybe???

Could be done but I don't work for chicken feed.

• Haha 2

• Owner

Every one on the property here all rather drive MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS. Automatics are for sissies and snowflakes. Sad but true we have a few automatics here. 1996 Dodge Ram with a modified 46RE more like 47RE and shift kit. Then @Wet Vetteshe has a Hyundai Automatic but does allow for manual shifting of all 6 gears. Where I like to play more. 

• Like 1

On 4/8/2021 at 2:52 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

Every one on the property here all rather drive MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS. Automatics are for sissies and snowflakes. Sad but true we have a few automatics here. 1996 Dodge Ram with a modified 46RE more like 47RE and shift kit. Then @Wet Vetteshe has a Hyundai Automatic but does allow for manual shifting of all 6 gears. Where I like to play more. 

Most vehicles here in the UK are manuals...... BUT when I was looking for a Ram and the first one was in 2004 I could only afford a 3500 4x4 5.9 Gas auto, 2nd one 3 or 4 years ago, managed a diesel 2500 4x4 auto but the same truck manual here is either a lot of $$$ or 2wd.

Nothing to do with sissies or snowflakes..... come down to cost and availability and one other thing...... most people here buy American vehicles as a hobby and the perception is auto so that's what gets imported, yes I imported my 3500 myself but couldn't stretch to a manual at the time and if truth be told I probably couldn't now