• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Lift pump issue

I have searched the forums and can’t find anything specific to my lift pump issue. 

I have a 2002 with 230k miles has a air dog raptor ffrp 150 and edge comp and fuel/pyro/boost gauges

On the way to work this morning I noticed I had 0 fuel pressure I then pulled over and bumped the starter, the pump ran for roughly 30 seconds. I then started the truck and watched the fuel gauge it held at 15 PSI for roughly 30 seconds again and then promptly dropped to zero. 

I hard wired the pump through a switch and it stayed on then but it burnt the pump up.

Has anyone had this specific issue and know a fix ? I’m really confused since it runs for the 30 seconds after the bump but won’t stay on with the truck running (as seen on fuel pressure gauge) 

while I’m waiting on the new pump is there any checks I can do without a pump?

• Owner

Yeah common for Raptors. The bearing and seal fail and pumps diesel into the motor then locks up and blows the fuse. Only solution is replacement...

My 3rd Gen AirDog 150 died the same way.

When you call for a new pump ask for the 4th gen pump the bearings and seal is upgraded.

My Raptor 100 died not to long ago. Same issue. Popped the fuse on the way to work.  I did @IBMobile relay mod before hand. That relay and fuse probably saved my ECM.  I went ahead and ordered the 4G 150 kit. Came with a plug and play relay and fuse wiring harness. It’s just sitting on the shelf. I still need to warranty the old pump. I’ll use it as a backup. I’ll  see if they’ll let me upgrade to the 4G 150 for a small price. 

3 hours ago, Threadzy said:

My Raptor 100 died not to long ago. Same issue. Popped the fuse on the way to work.  I did @IBMobile relay mod before hand. That relay and fuse probably saved my ECM.  I went ahead and ordered the 4G 150 kit. Came with a plug and play relay and fuse wiring harness. It’s just sitting on the shelf. I still need to warranty the old pump. I’ll use it as a backup. I’ll  see if they’ll let me upgrade to the 4G 150 for a small price. 

Where was the fuse you popped located?