• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Salt Lake City, Utah - Crime!

• Owner

While I was there in Salt Lake City Utah @Wet Vettehad here car broken into and stole my camera. First off my fault for leaving in the car. :rolleyes: The broke out the passenger rear glass and reached in and took the camera. The hotel we were at caught it all on camera and got a clean view of the persons face. Police report filed and taken care of. 

20210415_075159.jpg

Working together with Eileen we manage to get the hotel to cover the broke window with tape. Then cleaned up most of the glass in the car and in the parking lot. Got a hold of the insurance company and got them to send us to the SafeLite Glass shop less than 2 minute walk away. By 11am we had the car fixed and head to DAP to go pick up my injectors. I'm sure glad I didn't have those injectors in the car too. It's not the broke glass or the fact my camera is gone the biggest thing is some one violated our space without permission. The camera can be replaced, so can the glass. 

Oh for all you that have vehicles with car alarms you may or may not know the alarms will not go off if you brake the glass and reach in. As in Eileens Hyundai the alarm was armed and never went off. No glass break sensor. So as long as the thief didn't open the door it stays quiet. After learning this we will always leave the cab of the vehicle EMPTY before going shopping or staying at motel anymore. The Hotel said it took less than 30 seconds he broke the glass and hauled with my camera. Again I know its my fault for being stupid and leaving in the car. Good fact is Eileen's insurance will NOT cover for the camera replacement.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Sad 1

• Staff

Next time please leave that cam you used on me.... you know the one that squirts elephant pea! Also can you post up this criminal's face? I think all of us here would like to post it a bazillion times all over the net. That would be great.

6 hours ago, Wet Vette said:

anything in MY car that is stolen, is not covered!!! only the car!

I think he left "not" out of the original statement. I usually pick on that because I have the same habit. No harm no foul.