• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Front end clunk

• Owner

Yup the 2006 Dodge has got a good front end clunk. When turning tight in parking lots and sharp corners. I want to pick you guys minds to get heads up on 3rd gen front end suspension and common issues. I'll admit the truck has a 2 inch leveling kit. Really like to pull that out as well being it squats pretty bad with a trailer hitched up.

• 3 months later...
  • Staff

On my buddy's 2007.5 Cummins 6.7 and G56 1 ton 4x4 pickup, I installed the following last summer on the front end, and it made it steer better than any other 3rd gen Dodge 4x4 pickup that he's been in;

Redhead steering box with upgraded bearings

Borgeson Universal 000951 - Borgeson Universal Telescoping Steering Shafts

Bilstein 33-170794 - Bilstein B8 5100 Series Steering Stabilizers

Mopar Replacement 52122362AL - Mopar Replacement T-Style Rod and Link Steering Upgrade Kits

Mopar Replacement 68039930AA - Mopar Replacement Pitman Arms

Synergy Suspension adjustable trailing/control arms

New top and bottom ball joints

Then I added trans coolers to his G56 and changed fluids in both diffs, trans, and transfer case.

A couple months ago his starter wiped out his ring gear on his South Bend clutch flywheel, so I ordered a new ring gear for it. Heated it up on the Traeger for about 10 minutes and it dropped right on the flywheel. I used my scotch lock gasket remover discs to freshen up the face of the flywheel and installed a brand new pilot shaft bearing, throw-out bearing, and new shift fork.

A month and half ago I changed out his whole A/C system except for the evaporator core due to a failed compressor.

This summer I just changed his front end with new axle u-joints and the Yukon lockout hub conversion kit. 

Edited by 01_Cummins_4x4