• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

:thumb1:I'll have to find the pics i took of the brackets, you want the FSO 8406A and yes you have the FSO correct the 840 is the nominal torque 6 # of gears. You need the SAE #2 thats a tight fit,the web site i gave you had a few on it(Cummins ISB/5.9)the #2 Bell housing will mate up, if you look close they have Trans mounting tabs(use a sawsall and cut them off).I'm sure you can order from Cummins or Freightliner,would be very costly,starter access needs to be RIGHT SIDE. On the road now when i get home i'll look up some part #'s. The driveshaft needs lengthened/and larger u-joint in front, the slip/spline in the center is for travel of rear axle.Solid from Trans to Center mount. Go to www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html both the NV5600 and Eaton Fuller FSO 8406A are listed showing ratio's/rpm's/speed/tire size's to compare side by side.

:thumb1:I'll have to find the pics i took of the brackets, you want the FSO 8406A and yes you have the FSO correct the 840 is the nominal torque 6 # of gears. You need the SAE #2 thats a tight fit,the web site i gave you had a few on it(Cummins ISB/5.9)the #2 Bell housing will mate up, if you look close they have Trans mounting tabs(use a sawsall and cut them off).I'm sure you can order from Cummins or Freightliner,would be very costly,starter access needs to be RIGHT SIDE. On the road now when i get home i'll look up some part #'s. The driveshaft needs lengthened/and larger u-joint in front, the slip/spline in the center is for travel of rear axle.Solid from Trans to Center mount. Go to www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html both the NV5600 and Eaton Fuller FSO 8406A are listed showing ratio's/rpm's/speed/tire size's to compare side by side.

Seems like the FSO 8406A is an expensive beast! I read elsewhere that it is possible to convert an FS XXXX to an Overdrive somehow, and also possible to convert an FO to an FSO. Do you have any information on this? I can get my hands on an older FS or FO transmission cheaper than I can get a FSO 6406 or 8406.... Thanks for the info!!! :thumbup2:

Seems like the FSO 8406A is an expensive beast! I read elsewhere that it is possible to convert an FS XXXX to an Overdrive somehow, and also possible to convert an FO to an FSO. Do you have any information on this? I can get my hands on an older FS or FO transmission cheaper than I can get a FSO 6406 or 8406.... Thanks for the info!!! :thumbup2:

What have you found them for? I paid $1500 for mine

• 3 weeks later...

Really haven't had any luck finding a eaton with overdrive around here. Been looking into rebuilding the nv5600 myself, but after doing some research, it aint happening. Found a list of the little press adapters and stuff someone on another forum put together,

Posted Image

Found a few of the tools for sale online, 5 tools I could find added up to over 1,000 bucks. Plus I don't have a 100 ton press, apparently the 50 ton I have wont do the job.... So I am definitely going to have to find a used nv5600 probably, an eaton would be nice but they are rare.

What kind of price have you found on used NV5600's,did'nt forget about sending pics and looking up receipts(just can't find most of receipts,thought had all in one envelope)pics i think are one an old hard drive,need to try and get them recovered.:banghead:

What kind of price have you found on used NV5600's,did'nt forget about sending pics and looking up receipts(just can't find most of receipts,thought had all in one envelope)pics i think are one an old hard drive,need to try and get them recovered.:banghead:

$1200~$1600. Used and of course I would have no idea what kind of shape it is in, and you know how people are-they will tell you anything to sell their junk. If this tranny didn't require $10,000 dollars worth of special tools and press adaters to work on, I would be all for just buying one. Guess I will just have to take that chance when I get fed up with not having an extra truck up and running.