• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My truck almost killed me today, Don't look if if you don't like seeing carnage

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Make sure the two rear cables move together. What I do is loosen the slack adjuster on the side of the frame. Then set both rear shoe adjustment where it barely drags. Then set the slack again so I pulls enough to hold evenly.

That's how I did it, first I adjusted the drag on shoes, then I attached the cables and adjusted the slack on that. 

• Owner

Yeah the biggest thing is making sure the cable are not binding and you have enough pull to hold it tight. Like my truck (2002) I'm at the end of my slack adjustment to make it hold this tells me the cables are stretched. Now on the (2006) the driver side cable bound up and crushed the outer jacket pulling the brake. No good and no holding power.

• Staff
10 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Now on the (2006) the driver side cable bound up and crushed the outer jacket pulling the brake. No good and no holding power.

Mine is like that on the driver's side as well. Planning on replacing both sides at the same time, possibly the middle one to. Right now they work for flat ground but I leave it in gear when on an incline just to be sure she don't move 

2 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

Mine is like that on the driver's side as well. Planning on replacing both sides at the same time, possibly the middle one to. Right now they work for flat ground but I leave it in gear when on an incline just to be sure she don't move 

Like at the boat ramp. :sofa:

• Haha 3

That’s a crazy situation to end up in when your taking the family out for a day of fun on the water. Seems like for a busted ankle the situation turned out ok, you must’ve been moving fast to jump in and save it from sinking. Reminds me, I was waiting at a ramp couple years ago and A guy was launching a 20’ open bow with his Dodge Charger, and his parking gear cable broke and the whole set up went in. Couple of us had winches got him out, and the first thing he did was try and start it, fried everything. 🙄

5 hours ago, Concreter said:

That’s a crazy situation to end up in when your taking the family out for a day of fun on the water. Seems like for a busted ankle the situation turned out ok, you must’ve been moving fast to jump in and save it from sinking. Reminds me, I was waiting at a ramp couple years ago and A guy was launching a 20’ open bow with his Dodge Charger, and his parking gear cable broke and the whole set up went in. Couple of us had winches got him out, and the first thing he did was try and start it, fried everything. 🙄

Yeah I got pretty lucky with just a deep gouge and a bruise. Seems to be healing good. Lesson learned.

I seen some of the videos on YouTube with people loosing their trucks on ramps, never thought I'd be that close myself. Now that all the cables are new it works great but I'll still be shutting it off in gear from now on.

• Like 1