• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Garage Vehicle: Thor - 2006 Dodge Ram 3500

• 2 months later...
  • Owner

Here we go talking about Thor and all its weird issues. Thor happens to be the Mopar1973Man.Com work truck. I purchased this truck from the bank at the price of $500. What happened was a long time friend brought it to me after 3 years standing in McCall ID. The throwout bearing was damaged. By the time I pulled the transmission and gat a look at the clutch assembly it was all ruined and looking at $1,000 minimum to get it running. The owner left the truck for over 2 months sitting in my shop and I call several times to have him move it. Never came to move. I got a friend to come over and move the truck and then it sat for another 9 months. After this time I had @Jthorcall the bank and work out a deal for storage fees, etc. Ended up buying the truck free and clear from the bank for $500. 

Now this is not just a cheap truck. After doing quiet dual disc clutch, +50 HP injectors, front wheel bearings, crank sensor, fan clutch, etc. I've dropped nearly 5,000 into this truck now. Still just fixing minor issues. 

Like one of my next things I wanna fix in the cluster so I can see true RPM's. I've already talked to @AH64IDwhich notified me that the chips on the back of the cluster need to be re-flowed in solder. This should fix this issue. Then I can get down to optimizing the cruising RPM easier. Being the truck is naturally heavy for steel flatbed and the amount of tools carried in the boxes. It not a light truck by no means. Close to 10,000 pounds. 

• Like 1