• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Dash repair

Just had this ad thrown at me while looking on face88ck  is that the right spelling...... I'm kindof dicklexit :duh: and BTW the boffins just couldn't have found a worst word to describe someone that can't recognise letters or words

https://www.diectary.com/products/6165?fbclid=IwAR1mbk8JRKcWl4lLRSr3oCD1sqAVcT522HBfl_1RYjPejhoyiWfsZQBl8nk

says MIUSA I doubt that

But I think I could figure out how to do that with a 12v battery or maybe a ......... I've just had a Einstein moment, I have a Snap-On sensor tester that can input voltages from 0 to 8 or maybe 10v, I use it to substitute input voltage and output voltages either to sensors or ecm's, PCM's whatever.

Thing is it's run from a 12v supply so if I could either find the wire forms or make them I could repair my cracked dash, might struggle with the dimpled look but it might not rattle like a certain snake 

I have  never seen on of those before. Made in the USA or not I dont know. As bad as mine was I would all the staples on one job. New replacement was the best for me. I dont have a clue what that $300 dash I bought would cost you where you live. 

I prolonged my dash by about 7 years with epoxy and fiberglass but when I finally did change it this year the old one was so brittle that I think even if you spend time with staples it would just keep braking else where. Putting in a new dash was the next best thing for me. I know for you it may be much tougher to get one. 

I just checked overall cost for a dash cover from R/A

Cover £158, shipping £233,  £78 Vat, total £470,  for delivery before 13th May, cheaper delivery at £164 was an option, there would be import duty to pay on that too, that's going to be same shipping size as a dash so my guess for $300 it would be £600 to £800 at my door for a dash

• Like 1

• Staff

Sure is good to keep the truck up nice and newer like. Both mine are at that turning point where I need to do more cosmetics these days. Guess I will learn a few things about clear coat repairs and one big paint chip missing around a tail lite. Lucky I saved the tail lights off the work truck when it got converted to a flatbed truck. Love those flat beds too.

I hope everything concerning your new dash goes well. Sometimes these trucks take a lot of patience and perseverance. It's well worth keeping 60 to 90 thousand dollars in the bank though :shifty:not spending for a wheel barrow of newer unfamiliar problems.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wil440 said:

I just checked overall cost for a dash cover from R/A

Cover £158, shipping £233,  £78 Vat, total £470,  for delivery before 13th May, cheaper delivery at £164 was an option, there would be import duty to pay on that too, that's going to be same shipping size as a dash so my guess for $300 it would be £600 to £800 at my door for a dash

That's crazy, might as well get the actual dash and not just the cover. But then it'll probably double the cost again :ahhh:

I checked LMC.  dash cost is good  that would be £600 ish at my door, no difference to you guys running a landrover but the question I beg to ask is why would you.

BUT I'm asked that most days..... why would you run that (ram)..... answer is ...... check the towing figures 

I'm just moaning for no reason, I know what I got and I know the cost of what I got :thumb1:

I will try the hot wire first, another thing on the list