• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Truck stuck in 3rd gear limp mode

• Staff

When you have the pan off disconnect all the solenoids and transducer, turn key on.  If the fuse blows before any component is plugged in then there is a wire shorted to ground.   Now plug the old components back in one at a time and be sure their bodies are grounded.  When the fuse blows you'll know which component is bad.

Power to pin 30 of the transmission control relay comes from fuse I (20 amp) in the PDC

Scan_20171010.jpg.a986916c09c27631a74ec7663e74e20e.jpg

Edited by IBMobile
  • Like 1

Fed ex man just drove thru our 10 house Culdy sac. Great excitement . My neighbors 1996 12 valve  5 speed is also out of commission. Trannys shot and he’s waithg for parts also  but nothing for both of us.  Oh well we wait patiently  for parts 

Alaska is not for everyone  winters are long cold and dark. Summers are very nice but pretty short. Tourist come and marvel at its beauty then go home little do they know what it’s like in the winter.  I have been here 32 years now it’s home . I’m a sourdough now 30 winters  make you one. Still not quite crazy but just a little bit we will never leave  sometimes in the middle of the winter we get pretty crazy  it’s the great land 

• Like 3

Ok update. Still no parts from bd. I paid dearly for these upgrade parts and shipping but I wait.  Stepson over to pick up daughter   Pulled the plug on the  Mag Hytec pan.  Fluids out.   Showed him a video. Cascade of the replacement  being done    Feed him   Sent them on their way.  More to come

I’m doing this the slow hard way

I swear on the 29 th of May I called BD diesel talk to a sales person and ordered the parts    They even had me in there system . Today I called them and they knew nothing about it and I was not in their system.  Did a reorder. Should have parts in 2- 3 days. Good thing I’m in no hurry right

• Sad 1

• Staff

I think I read somewhere that since the original owner passed away that Cascade Trans parts has not been good to deal with. Look up their reviews to see if they good to the customers or not. You may want a new source if your not in a hurry. Your lucky man to be living away from the rat population up there :thumb1:

Since I will be the topside tool man and coach from above tomorrow night I hope if parts show up  Monday. I’m going over all the torque specs etc. getting tools layed  out.  I want to make this as seamless as possible    But I have one burning question. My $100  service Manuel back in 1999  shows a small clip.  Does my made in fall 1998 have this clip? Do I need this clip and if my parts don’t have the clip 

what next?  Thanks

Will send in a bit off to the airport to pick up my wife.  I would assume ? That ats is sending me the GM solenoid which is bigger in physical size and requires the replacement block and wiring also you buy the transducer or sensor old term separately.   $291 shipped to alaska. About $30 -35 was shipping fed ex more later

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Can you show us a screen shot or a photo of the page of this clip and where?

035C51A1-881E-4F7B-80B8-ED16FAC877EA.jpeg

On 6/14/2021 at 4:37 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Can you show us a screen shot or a photo of the page of this clip and where?

895DFFB1-C8B1-4885-ABC5-9383AC931591.jpeg

D49021C8-7120-4EA2-B66D-776691451CDA.jpeg

Well as you can see my  parts are here   I’m so happy but my  second man is in LV  and my step  son and a 12 year old daughter are climing a local mountsin Tonight.  So I wait.  Parts look good  Alaska’s a different Place it’s full tilt

boogie here in the summer.  We can not wait  winter soon enough   Dodge trucks. 

Must wait there  turn

iy 

Edited by IBMobile
remove empty space

Sure hope old my governor pressure block has the clip to hold in the governor pressure sensor / transducer because the external holder on the ats GM block  will not work with the old style transducer.  It must have one.  To hold in the old one. We will see.  Off to go king salmon sport fishing for a few days. Only happens once a year and last year was a no go because of the virus. Fish on 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay. We are working on the truck now.  Please standby to help me make a battlefield decision.

Pictures coming soon.  Solenoid was bad.  Tested bad with ohm meter but the real problem was in the wire from the outside connector to the inside connector.  The wiring was inspected good.  Not broken or burnt  but we found a small piece of metal that had broken of and fell accrossed the ends of the wiring shorting it out blowing the 10 a fuse.  Upon removal the the fuse holds.  Wire short cleared piece of metal moved.  See pictures now

So where did this piece of metal come from?  It was perched on a busy bar between two transformers on passenger side below the valve body.  Seems like it went thru the transmission as it is scratched and scuffed up.  I find it hard to believe it went thru the transmission. Question is put it back together or what?

Will check metal in bottom of back soon

0FF85263-1549-4C8A-B97F-E57B9BA37146.jpeg

Well, I’ve got problems.  Got more spare parts.

116BB184-01AF-4D53-AA4B-7AB02910227B.jpeg

Spring too, plus’s more metal…

C7E71FA4-044C-4868-BFB2-A5CF6F2297E9.jpeg

Edited by Turbo Terry
Add picture

Two things in pan.  Plus the piece that he has in his finger

The two pieces made a s shaped part the spring ???. Who knows where that came from. Valve body I suppose   So 6 bolts will take the valve body down    do I buy a new valve body or repair it.  Remember I have a smart controller and a bd exhaust brake    Also I have a rear seal leaking  so the transmission might have to come down at some point.  Not a bad leak yet. But ?   I have too fix the truck to sell it.  I have ordered a new truck with a late August September delivery date.  I love my old truck but to old  to work on it I have to move on.  I doubt very much any transmission shop will touch it

now. But I will ask on Monday.  Maybe I can buy a new valve body from bd and we can put it in   I need some good advice thanks