• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Last job I'll ever need...

• Owner

I've got awesome news. I've been doing some thinking. I've got a buddy that works for a single billionaire doing all the landscaping for his 104 acre property. Well after a bit of talking to my buddy about a week later I ended up with a job interview with the property manager. Needless to say I aced the interview. I've been given 2 weeks to get my truck in order and finish my other jobs. I've already bought 2 toolboxes for Thor. My job for the owner will to be to maintain all vehicles and equipment for the owner. This includes ATVs, tractors, lawn mowers, any vehicles left on the property. The property manager wants me fully mobile and he'll pay for fuel and travel. 

• Like 4

• Owner

$85 an hour and all travel is paid for. No time limits and they will handle all parts and supplies I need. If I need any special tools they will handle it for me. All I've got to do is ask.

I've seen some of the toys. The owner has 8 personal jets and I missed the fly over I left to early. Dune Buggy, wave runners, snowmobiles, tractor, etc plenty to work on.

I've been hired on as a "FULL TIME" mechanic for the property. What was the selling edge was this website. The fact I've been dealing with 2,500 people day and 60,000 a month. I was showing "Neal" the property manager stats from the website and my client base. At that point pretty much sold myself being how many people in the area let alone the world could have a website showing all my exploits. Hmmm? 

I'll be paid $85 an hour for all work. Then on top of that I will be paid for my travel back and forth to work. Neal said to toss an extra hour to my time sheet for travel. Heck its only a $100 to fill Thor once a week. 

I've got to say thank you to Andrew and his wife for talking to Neal and getting me a chance at this awesome job. 

So today I've got wheel joints to do on Thor, Control arm bushing to replace, and valve cover o-ring I managed to screw up when I did the valve lash adjustment. Then out on the yard I've got my 8 foot long tool boxes for both side of the bed on Thor. I've got 2 weeks to clean up the truck, clear my work load and be ready to work at McCall. 

As for Neal he's a rough looking individual. Kind of loud way he talks but you can tell he's got a very caring heart. Like I told him I'm not the type to try to rush through for time schedules I prefer to take my time and do the job right. This comment I uttered and Neal agreed on.  Like Neal told me do my job safely and take my time and do it right. 

Like one toy I was looking at was a full track snow toy (not sure of the name yet). 2 cycle gas engine been standing for many years and now the owner wants it up and running. It got exhaust leaks and not running right with low compression (possibly sticky rings).

I wish I would of got photos of the property it inside McCall city limits. 104 acres, with private air strip. My buddy Andrew and his family take care of the 104 acres of land with landscaping. Andrews son AJ was try to help out with the mechanical stuff but he's a young pup yet. This goes beyond doing simple oil changes and greasing stuff. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 3

• Owner

Actually working for one person will be nice. I can set up once and continue working. It will be nice not working at home and leaving the job in McCall. As for the website I still want to do more. Still working on errors and server issues. When I get free time I've got more to do.

I "promise" I won't lose focus for all your guys. I want to keep the website going. Right now I've just got to get stable and not doing good for one month then doing weak next month. With all I've invested in the 2006 I need to pay back loans to the website. Just like picking up a Lincoln wire feed welder. Then the injectors on "Thor" and the dual disc clutch on "Thor". Just this job insures this can be paid back to the website. Yeah I know it a business investment, but I like to pay the business back. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

• Owner

Well the jobs here are getting cleaned up and only got 2 left to finish in less than 2 weeks time. 

• 1996 Chevy Pickup with a oil cooler hose blown
  • 1987 Chevy 454 powered motor-home to finish up with fluid changes and fixing things. 

Now on the flip side I got smart and fired up a NAPA ProLink Account. Already tested it out and I can place an order for parts and have them sitting and waiting for me. Being I'll be back and forth to McCall on a daily routine I'd figure that would be a much better option. Like my first order was front drive shaft u-joints and ran up this morning to get them and install. Smooth no sitting on the phone trying to find the right parts. Now I can look at them and match up in real time and save a bunch of headache.

• Owner

Good news... the head gasket is here.

Now I've got my toolboxes for Thor. Just got to go get bolts, washers and nuts. Im planning on bolting to the bed but welding the nuts to the bed bottom. So when the boxes are locked there is no way to remove the boxes without opening and unbolting from inside.

16213013887693225425468633086557.jpg

16213014908543369166229262986478.jpg

3 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

I've thought of making an account at my local napa. Just haven't done it. 

As for my Napa Prolink account I get huge discounts on parts based on how much I purchase a month. Worth it in the long run.

16213021829054856258419065143065.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 2

• Owner
3 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

Truck looks good with the boxes on. Nice!

Truck looks good with the boxes on. Nice!

Better than tossing everything in the back seat right?

Wednesday, I'll be seeing a rain storm so that is my indoor job of putting my head back on.