• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I am assuming it's the solenoid and/or transducer.  The tans shifts fine from first to second.  Sometimes it doesn't like to shift to third until a higher rpm or I lift the throttle to coax it to shift.  Sometimes it doesn't like to lock up as well.  My AC ripple is 0.02 volts which I believe is acceptable (but could be wrong).  Does the solenoid and transducer control all shifting?

Thank in advance for your help.

D

• Staff
5 hours ago, SilverMoose said:

Does the solenoid and transducer control all shifting?

3-4 shift and torque convertor lock up are controlled by the PCM.

5 hours ago, SilverMoose said:

Sometimes it doesn't like to shift to third until a higher rpm or I lift the throttle to coax it to shift.  Sometimes it doesn't like to lock up as well.

Check the throttle cable valve adjustment.  It could cause all those problems.

I would  think a band adjustment would be in order. Most likely the external adjustment bolt on outside of transmission, controls the 2nd gear shift I believe, It’s quite critical on the tolerance, I had the same issue as you describe on my first transmission, unfortunately  the band was wore to far for adjustment