• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Nozzles or Injectors for compounds

Andyba20

Guys, about to order a stock/475 setup for my 2011. Fully tuned/deleted with GDP grid heater relocate. My truck only has 70,000 miles, been meticulously maintained. Pretty much all deleted miles. Considering 60% over nozzles just based on reading what others on the forum have done. Not looking for huge power, mainly interested in better towing, reliability, longevity. The trans is a built G56. With only 70K on the stock injectors I’m wondering y’all’s opinion on just doing nozzles. Would be a lot less expensive obviously.

• Owner

Do a full injectors. DO NOT do just nozzles. There is no way for you to adjust the injectors properly without a test stand. Like myself I got a set of +50 HP injectors from DAP and just installed them. If you change nozzles only there is no way to be sure the injectors are setup properly. 

• Like 1

Yea I agree, I just hate to ditch the stock injectors since they have such little mileage, plus I’ve had the 13’-18’ dual fuel filter setup on the truck for most of its life…it’s been 70,000 clean miles for sure.