• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Need a sanity check.. changing careers

Best wishes for a speedy recovery @LorenS.

@wil440, operations nowadays they dont have you just laid up for 6 weeks then physical therapy. Its closer to what @IBMobile described. They have you moving very quickly after the operation. 

Turns out that not moving the operated on area causes atrophy and other complications that actually increase the healing time. 

7 hours ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

@wil440, operations nowadays they dont have you just laid up for 6 weeks then physical therapy. Its closer to what @IBMobile described. They have you moving very quickly after the operation. 

Yes that's what our NHS says, my doctor tells me It would likely be 6 months before I could be 100% at work due to what I do

I was prescribed Naproxen which took all pain away within 2 days but man alive did that upset me, thought I was dying so quit that, Codiene and Physio exercises and visits to an Osteopath seem to be doing some good

• Staff

I hope you heal well LorenS.

I discovered one day, riding a bicycle, that nothing hurts and helps me feel younger. Just bought a new Mountain Bike after 5 years on a 2001 Walmart 'iron horse' by comparison. Man the new aluminum frames are nice. I had no idea it would be so much easier to handle. Fun to glide around camp, go up the trails and go to the store.

• Owner

After my 10 mile round trip hike up French Creek.

Screenshot_20220401-160540_Maps.jpg

Then consider the fact I walk nearly 3 miles every day in just what I do for a job. 

I've also got a mountain bike 21 speed with aluminum frame. I ran around on that back when I was 253 pounds. Sure enough after a year of cruising Ontario - Payette which was like 15 mile trips. I lost a lot of weight. Today I'm 215 pounds. My longest ride was 40 miles from Lake Fork, ID to McCall and around Payette Lake and back to Lake Fork.

• 5 weeks later...

Update - got a call for the go ahead from the locksmith I had applied to, but at my last dentist appt 2 weeks ago, they informed me that I need to have either a root canal done or the tooth removed entirely. so now im in a tight spot..

Things got swapped on my reeeaally quick all of a sudden... need to pick up the pieces though

I vote for ripping it out and be done with it.

But full disclosure, I'm almost 64 and haven't been back to a dentist/butcher since 3rd grade......

When I'm forced back, they all come out and dentures go in.....done!

• Staff

I vote for keeping as many teeth as posable.  You have only 32 or 28 if the wisdom teeth have been removed.

I'm 69 and have all my teeth even the wisdom which didn't make me any smarter.  I see the dentist twice a year for checkups.  The last checkup the x-ray showed a problem where a tooth root and bone met, and a root cannel was needed.  So off to the endodontists for the root cannel.  No pain and still have all my teeth.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

Well today I pulled the trigger and put in my 2 weeks at my drafting job.

Going with the locksmith position. This is gonna be a fun ride. Need to get some things squared away in those two weeks as well..

Good luck. Hope it works out for you...

12 hours ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

Well today I pulled the trigger and put in my 2 weeks at my drafting job.

Going with the locksmith position. This is gonna be a fun ride. Need to get some things squared away in those two weeks as well..

Hope it goes well.  Locksmith  would be an interesting job I would think especially if taught the skills of the old boys

I've jumped twice in 44 years, once in 2004, quarry, mobile plant mechanic, took voluntary redundancy and walked with nearly £20k, set up importing American cars, trucks, parts, and repairs mostly Mopar this failed in 2008 due to the recession, went to work for Cat and then the UK cat dealer (Finning) not the best time time in my working life is all I'll say but I did learn the Cat way of diagnostics which was priceless.

I then left Finning and went back to a quarry as maintenance supervisor (mobile plant) but after 3 years I left and started working for myself (2020) again but mobile plant, after nearly 2 years I'm just where I want and need to be.

I worked both Saturday and Sunday last weekend but this week I'm doing nothing but putting a Ford 390 back together at home in my workshop, researching ironheads as I just bought one and looking for a Telecaster guitar to buy for my brother in law who we are going to visit in Denmark in June (guitar is for his 70th)

Change is good.... good luck

• Like 1