• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2006 Dodge Adventure!

7 hours ago, AH64ID said:

One is that the extra gasses held back keep the NOx production down further, but since there wasn’t any new emissions mandate from 05 to 06 that’s hard to justify. 

I had read somewhere some time ago that Dodge did this (not Cummins) for NOX control to come closer to meeting the 2007 emission mandate.  I wish I could remember the source.  It makes sense to me - a clever inexpensive way to carry over some exhaust gases into the the next intake stroke to reduce NOX emissions without adding on external parts.

- John

• Staff
22 minutes ago, Tractorman said:

I had read somewhere some time ago that Dodge did this (not Cummins) for NOX control to come closer to meeting the 2007 emission mandate.  I wish I could remember the source.  It makes sense to me - a clever inexpensive way to carry over some exhaust gases into the the next intake stroke to reduce NOX emissions without adding on external parts.

- John

The 5.9 never met the 2007 standards, and 0.006” wouldn’t even bring it close.