• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Looking for max low rpm torque and good idle injector - Mach 4 FDI vs DDP vs. Infinite?

Anyone use the current tip designs of these brands? I know the Mach 4 are Sac and DDP 150's were VCO. Any input appreciated. Truck has typical mods, BD Super B turbo, Comp Box, Currently RV275s, head studs, Raptor 100.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Dmaxgpe said:

Anyone use the current tip designs of these brands? I know the Mach 4 are Sac and DDP 150's were VCO. Any input appreciated. Truck has typical mods, BD Super B turbo, Comp Box, Currently RV275s, head studs, Raptor 100.

Thanks

Honest question, what are you looking for? Are you looking for more power out of what you already have or are you looking to alleviate an issue? Or are you asking about the actual tip differences between SAC and VCO?

Injectors generally don't start having idle quality issues until you start getting into the race levels (+300hp injectors and pump alterations).

Max low RPM torque is a bit subjective. Are you looking for instant spool? That's generally part of what makes it feel fast.. Its hard to beat 1600 RPM for peak torque. 

@Me78569 is correct, Infinite Performance is the best money can buy. But I think the injectors you mentioned might be a bit big for that turbo, if its a regular super b. It's a 57/65/14. 150s might get a bit toasty, It's only a bit larger than factory. Also, the comp box isn't going to help on the EGT front, also very little smoke control.

If its a super b special, that's a whole different ball game at 64/71/14.

Would personally recommend a 62/65/12 for street-ability with a comp. This forum has many advocates for a Quadzilla Adrenaline V2. @Mopar1973Man runs a 60/60/12 hx35/40 hybrid with 7x.010 (150s) pretty much smoke free with a Quad V2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks so much for input. I sent an email to Infinite and he agreed with turbo sizing. What Infinite spec is best? 7x9 - 7x10 SAC ? I plan to upgrade the charger eventually. I am looking for really fast spool and that Smarty feel but trying not to lean on the tuner as much if possible. My 2wd had HTT 62/13 w DDP 150s and it had pretty good response. That was 11 yrs ago for what its worth.

Thanks again!

I meant agreed with 150 too big for the turbo lol. Sorry I did not specify

I just ordered the Quad Adrenaline I Quad yesterday too. I plan to upgrade the block mounted Raptor 100 to the Fleece kit or Air Dog 165. I am torn regarding dropping the tank in the drive way vs using a sump kit. I have a hard time wrapping my mind around a hole in the bottom of the tank. You nailed it on what I am wanting for power delivery. I want max torque by 16-1700 ish. I am a little worried about flashing these old ECM's so the Quad seemed like a great choice on all counts. I can order custom settings off the site too that may be helpful compared to base std tunes right?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Dmaxgpe said:

I can order custom settings off the site too

There are some really good tunes for sale on this site, and if you make a post after running a tune for a bit, folks can help you get it dialed in. The Quad tuning guide is a must, but certain threads have even more insight when/if you get into the fine details.

2 hours ago, Dmaxgpe said:

Thanks so much for input. I sent an email to Infinite and he agreed with turbo sizing. What Infinite spec is best? 7x9 - 7x10 SAC ? I plan to upgrade the charger eventually. I am looking for really fast spool and that Smarty feel but trying not to lean on the tuner as much if possible. My 2wd had HTT 62/13 w DDP 150s and it had pretty good response. That was 11 yrs ago for what its worth.

Thanks again!

I meant agreed with 150 too big for the turbo lol. Sorry I did not specify

I just ordered the Quad Adrenaline I Quad yesterday too. I plan to upgrade the block mounted Raptor 100 to the Fleece kit or Air Dog 165. I am torn regarding dropping the tank in the drive way vs using a sump kit. I have a hard time wrapping my mind around a hole in the bottom of the tank. You nailed it on what I am wanting for power delivery. I want max torque by 16-1700 ish. I am a little worried about flashing these old ECM's so the Quad seemed like a great choice on all counts. I can order custom settings off the site too that may be helpful compared to base std tunes right?

Thanks

Most people have the best luck with 7x.010 injectors.

The Smarty feel is because the smarty takes or throttle position range and compresses it to 25-50% of normal. So, when you are at say 25% of the tps travel, you are getting 100% fuel. any pedal movement afterward is not accounted for for fueling. That's why it fuels so hard and smokes so much. But its only +65hp. Quad is up to +180hp because of wire tap, and can clean up very large injectors because of below factory fueling capability.

I haven't had larger injectors yet, but I believe a few on here have said that the biggest low end power feeling is from larger injectors. If its quick spool you are after there is the HX Super 9. It's a (60, 62, 67)/67/9. I think its a super HX40 with an HY35 exhaust housing, other than that I have no idea. It spools fast but gets very warm. One of the sled pullers that I was with this past Saturday (6/12) had a 62/67/9 version. He said it spools lightning quick, but gets extremely toasty going down the track.

I believe you are referring to the PowerFlo from fleece. It would definitely be stealth and no hole drilled for a sump. I wish they put actual flow numbers instead of "..enough fuel for 800hp/able to feed dual CP3s." It's arbitrary, 800hp from a common rail is easier/less fuel than 800hp from a vp44 or p-pump for that matter.

The Cummins from the factory has its torque peak at 1600 RPM. what helps with that feeling is the turbo. Fast spool gets you that seat of the pants being flattened to the seat feeling. Larger turbos seem to make the feeling more intense but its way up in the RPM band usually. 

Flashing the ECM using like a smarty generally isn't damaging (I believe). But either way the Quad allows so much more versatility than anything else. The factory tune from Quadzilla is not really even good so you have to do some amount of tuning to begin with. Just remember, through this we have found that every truck is very different in what it likes and doesn't like for timing and fueling. My truck likes high cruise timing, partly because I have 4.10s and an HO VP44. Me78569's old truck liked high timing for some reason, Mopar1973Man's truck likes lower timing at cruise. Literally everything affects the tune: tires, gears, truck body style (weight), the fuel you put into your tank, towing a trailer, what you do with the truck, your terrain/climate you live in.. Hopefully this isnt scaring you away from the quad but there's a reason that it can hold 10 tunes (I think). You can have one for racing, towing, winter, summer, daily, highway, freeway, etc. Each one is fueled and timed differently for the most power and efficiency if you so chose.

@Me78569, am I close on the Smarty info? Trying to remember from the tidbits you have sprinkled through the forum.. lol

• Owner
1 hour ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

am I close on the Smarty info?

Yes. Absolutely correct. 

1 hour ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

Mopar1973Man's truck likes lower timing at cruise.

Actually I'm running about 20 to 21 degrees at 2k RPM. I've ran as high as 23 degrees. Now as for gearing I'm 3.55 in both axles and running 245/75 R16 tires which brings the final ratio to 3.69:1 to the ground. Then my injectors are popped at 320 bar which makes them late so I must run higher timing in a cruise state to make up for the late injection event. The net result is better MPG and power. Fuel map wise on the Quadzilla I choose from 0 to 5 a defuel zone for launching. Then 5 to 15 PSI the fuel map is stock 100%. Now from 15 to 30+ fuel map both the wire tap and the CANBus ramp up together making some serious power up from there.  

• Thanks 1

With 4.10s my 65 mph is on its way to about 2250 rpm. I think I'm running 23-24 degrees on cruise. Whatever the speedo needle angle is at, my RPM is matching it.

Thank you for the correction about your truck. :thumb1:

Was remembering the 19 degrees at 2k rpm that I had found.

Edited by Silverwolf2691

I just ordered some injectors from Weston at Infinite. Super helpful and very patient with questions and getting all the details. Looking forward to running them. He is making the 7x10 sacs. I think the Quad will arrive tomorrow. May not mess with it though. I am putting a water pump on my Sons C5 Corvette and a few other projects but it won’t stay in the box for long!

Thanks again for input 

• Owner

Thank you for the correction about your truck.

No problem. The only thing the 02 had a small problem with is hard starts while nose up. Yup good old crossover tube o-rings and injector o-rings. This was from the fact of the head got cleaned up and both the injectors just dropped in and the crossover tubes had zero resistance I'm sure one or both o-rings are weeping. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man