• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2000 heater blend door actuator

Anyone got a picture of the heater blend door actuator with the cover removed, I think the truck I'm working on has a gear missing, my guess is some not so bright person has popped the cover off to try to figure out why the heater temp control doesn't work and a pile of guts dropped out, the clue here is that I found one gear under the carpet along with a pin.

Mine has quit working. I did take it out and can power it with 9v battery but it is not getting voltage from the harness or the controls. My bet is on the harness since it did not change with an HVAC control swap. 

@Mopar1973Man there is nothing in the picture when I go to open it ?

In the back of my mind I'm sure i've changed one before on my 3500 but I took a quick look at that and I can't see the actuator, thing is IF I have changed one I wouldn't have thrown the old one away but I can't find it anywhere, need to take another look today

Rock has it listed at £80/90 inc shipping

I have this one out and on the desk, I think the contacts got a little corroded and it stopped then some hero took the cover off while it was still attached to the heater and it all fell to peices, looking at it it wouldn't be too hard to convert to cable.

Also while looking on internet last night there appears to be 3 and 4 pin but only 4 pin available.... this is a 4 pin

found a picture and I am missing the white gear 

image.png.83947a82168801c5975bd7f7194e7359.png

• Owner

Your blend door is correct just got the pin in the wrong half for the black gear.

As for photos you need to be using Google Chrome browser make sure it's the current version. I had a few settings wrong but working now. Google Pagespeed Module converts old school photos from GIF, JPG or PNG to modern formats that compress better like .WEBP which is faster to display and less bandwidth.

2 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Your blend door is correct just got the pin in the wrong half for the black gear.

As for photos you need to be using Google Chrome browser make sure it's the current version. I had a few settings wrong but working now. Google Pagespeed Module converts old school photos from GIF, JPG or PNG to modern formats that compress better like .WEBP which is faster to display and less bandwidth.

Thats not my picture, thats a picture I found for reference, as I said I don't have the top white gear so off to Rock for a new one