• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Replacing Control Arms?

Do one at a time otherwise you will fight them back in if the axle pivots ect. Soak up the bolts pretty good with penetrating oil as they can be a bearcat to get loose and out some times have a torch handy to heat them if they are stuborn. If you have acess to 90 degree grease zerks get them as it is a pain to grease them with the straights they come with "I have a set of these on my 02, thats why I know these things" I have to grease mine with a 90 degree jerk adapter which is a pain.

• Like 2

Do one at a time otherwise you will fight them back in if the axle pivots ect. Soak up the bolts pretty good with penetrating oil as they can be a bearcat to get loose and out some times have a torch handy to heat them if they are stuborn. If you have acess to 90 degree grease zerks get them as it is a pain to grease them with the straights they come with "I have a set of these on my 02, thats why I know these things" I have to grease mine with a 90 degree jerk adapter which is a pain.

Did you just support the truck with jack stands and the axle with a jack?:shrug:

I've got both a torch and an impact gun that I plan to use. So hopefully that will make it a little easier.:thumbup2:

Do you happen to remember what size the zerts are? The 90* ones sound like a good and would be cheap to make maintenance easier.:thumbup2:

--- Update to the previous post...

Also one more question, where do you have you caster eccentric set at?:shrug:

Plus I just went out and sprayed some PB Blaster on the bolts. Good tip, for some reason just slipped my mind!:rolleyes:

Some pictures:

Posted Image

Well these are too short, they sent me stock length ones....

Posted Image

New jack stands I just bought!

Posted Image

Jack stand under the frame!

Posted Image

Top and bottom are out.

Posted Image

This stuff helps but I still ended up twisting off my front lower bolt... Going to have to call a dealer tomorrow and see what they can find!

Posted Image

Done for the night and week really until they ship me the new ones.:mad:

Those look good, would have been nice if they were right.:banghead: I replaced my bushings a few years back and it wasnt to bad, would have been nice to just replace the whole arms but I didnt want to spend the money. I set the caster positive as much as I could and it drives alot better than before.

Those look good, would have been nice if they were right.:banghead: I replaced my bushings a few years back and it wasnt to bad, would have been nice to just replace the whole arms but I didnt want to spend the money. I set the caster positive as much as I could and it drives alot better than before.

Yeah the reason I went with them is to keep my 35s from rubbing the fenders! I sure wish they were right though!!:banghead: