• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Dash Indicator Light Replacement

2 hours ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

Leaky88, dont know what color you picked for the illumination lights, but you will have issues with certain colors showing. If its blue, your needles, redline, and red tick marks will not illuminate well if at all. Any other color besides a blue or green and the regular tick marks might not show up.

I'm pretty sure the "lens" if you will backing everything is a green tint right? Pretty sure mine was when I swapped to leds. Wouldn't you have to replace this lens/filter for any color change? I think having anything other than a clear bulb/led would be pointless. Not saying I don't like the idea, prolly would be neat to try out some different colored gauges if you could get past the lens.

9 hours ago, Stanley said:

I'm pretty sure the "lens" if you will backing everything is a green tint right? Pretty sure mine was when I swapped to leds. Wouldn't you have to replace this lens/filter for any color change? I think having anything other than a clear bulb/led would be pointless. Not saying I don't like the idea, prolly would be neat to try out some different colored gauges if you could get past the lens.

So the cluster is made up of 4 or 5 "layers". You have the fiberboard cover, the white plastic surround, the circuit board, the diffuser/needle motor mount, and then the gauge faces. The gauge faces are where the tint is. Its a light blue and not over powering. I think that is why you can run other colors, its not "colored enough (?)" to completely block the other colors. 

image.png.11f426b15bbbf4de9cf7530f4593c676.png

In the photo, the difference between the redline and normal gauges is all the tint is cutting out.

If one were to attempt something like the gels in the CF link,  you would have to put the lighting gel between the diffuser and the gauge faces for a later style cluster. 

• Like 1

I appreciate the Feedback.  
I am so overwhelmed with directions I can go now, I might just learn to do without the “Cruise” light.:) 

I need to stop looking for problems on this truck. 

My cruise light is on the IC and green as well.

I replaced my IC lights with white 200 degree LED's and it turned out a sweet Blue believe it!

I will snap some pics tonight and post them up for you to see.

I also did the light switch and the HVAC controls as well with the LED's.

Got all the bulbs from SuperBriteLeds.com, did the exterior lighting as well from using @Mopar1973Man list he gave for them!

1999 LED ic lights white 1.jpg

1999 light switch LED.jpg

1999 HVAC control LED.jpg

Edited by Stubilly
Added photos
  • Like 2