• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I pulled the battery tray and this is all I could find.

A beer bottle top, a 20 amp fuse I lost when truck didnt make it work and a piece of shrink wrap. 

The only ground I found was on the battery bucket with 2 wires going into the engine wiring harness I believe.

20210718_181141.jpg.8853e161bf5bc1907620fa5c2111ac75.jpg

Edited by dripley

8 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

I don't have any grounds directly under the battery, mine are towards the front bottom and up higher also front, pretty much above the bottom ones. 

I did find two on the back of the headlight bucket up high. I did not notice one down low but seem to remember one . I was doing this while dodging random thunder storms today. That did not help much. Have look better tomorrow. I still dont think this is an ECM problem. Sure hope so anyway. I dont want to go down that rabbit hole again.

• Like 1

I drove to work this morning. Fired her off and went to grab a couple things out of the wife's car. While doing that the truck shut off. Fired right back off. Forgot to check the WTS, just hit the starter. No codes were set. So I took off. I the first 4 miles it cut out for a split second but kept on going since I was moving. Stopped for coffee and decided to go for it. It did not miss a lick the 60 miles to work. Checked for codes and none were present. Whatever it is, its still there. 

• Like 1

• Staff

Glad you made it. It tells me there is a small Gremlin still in there that you never chased out. I hope you make it home too Dave. Let her idle in the driveway and wiggle some wires around see if it makes a difference. Remember to stay away from the fan and belt Bud. It was real good talking with you the other day.:thumb1:

• Like 1

Same here Mike. Its funny that idled it for hours the latter part of the week and took 2 trips with no issues. Then this am it glitched in less than 30 seconds. Only difference is it rained on and off yesterday thru last night. Maybe something is getting wet that should not. I will keep digging.

• Staff
20 hours ago, dripley said:

20210718_181141.jpg.8853e161bf5bc1907620fa5c2111ac75.jpg

You better clean that up Dave, you might get kicked out of the club for that .:lol:

Hey you know there is a ground hiding down low under a section of wire harness in front of the drivers battery. Hard to spot until you move the wires a bit.

Edited by JAG1

• Owner

Little secret all main computer ground (factory wiring) are in the passenger side terminal. Now all the other stuff like ABS, lights, etc are grounded to the body either near the headlight on the driver side. I've seen a few near the fender too. Check out the ground map on the 99 Dodge map will give clues to where your grounds might be. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well the glitch stppped last Monday a week ago. Shut down me 4 times that Monday. No WTS light, no start. The first 3 times I ran the cluster check and bam had the WTS back and she started. The 4th time I ran the cluster check 4 times with no return of the WTS. I had my spare cluster in the back seat and figured I might as well stick it and see what happened. Plugged it in and the WTS was there. Drove 40+ miles home trouble free. I did drive the wifes to work the rest the though. 

Drove it Saturday on quick trip and sure she shut down a quqrter mile from the house anf the cluster check did not work. I then uplugged the cluster and plugged it back in and bam the WTS was back on. Fired her off she was fine for the rest of the trip, about 4 miles.

Has anyone ever pulled the connectors apart in the dash? There is what appear to be red release tabs for that purpose. I have pulled on them but dont want to rip them apart. It appears that a couple of the sockets appear to be pushed back further than all the rest.

Still scratchin my head over this.