• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Owner
43 minutes ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

I'm also fighting a slow map sensor.. there's 3-5 psi on my isspros before the quad registers 1 psi..

Using the Quadzilla for a boost gauge isn't a really good idea. Even mine is skewed but on the upper end more so than the starting edge. At 47 PSI on the ISSPro it was reporting 69 PSI in the logs. I can see why you want to get better on the lower end because it impact when your power comes on. Personally it good to use the gauge to check for MAP sensor performance be be aware I doubt you'll get it accurate over the entire span. Yeah I would look at getting a new MAP sensor. I not going to suggest Cummins OE sensor either. More I keep digging the more I find that Cummins actually doesn't produce. (Head Gaskets, Thermostats, etc.) but you pay higher price for junk parts. 

I mentioned this earlier dont remember what thread it was but a second pressure sensor or high bar MAP sensor for boost would help normalize or remove some of the issues. I get the reasoning for using the pre existing MAP sensor but with fueling based on boost and finding such inconsistencies with them, it might be worth the extra sensor and wiring for the accuracy that would be gained.. 

• Owner
1 hour ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

I mentioned this earlier dont remember what thread it was but a second pressure sensor or high bar MAP sensor for boost would help normalize or remove some of the issues.

I'm not sure how that would work being the high bar MAP sensor will be miscalibrated for the voltages provided to the ECM:think:

Quadzilla only uses the high bar map/boost sensor to calculate fueling from boost then sends info to ecm.. If Quadzilla uses the factory MAP like i think it does.. Factory MAP used for boost fooling..

I dont know.. 

I also have small gripes with the app itself but thats small potatoes right now.. Mostly fit and finish..

Even on my tablet, there is overlapping and the level up and down buttons aren't where they should be..

A few of the other things would be a shortcut to tune selection or a tune selector in the gauge area, a larger target for the settings gear for sure.

Music control, just play/pause, forward, and back would be like the ultimate for me. I use my tablet as my radio with my Spotify play list and switching apps to change songs is frustrating (the pull down menu while driving usually ends up not skipping and opening the app anyways for me).. I also realize that this kind of integration doesn't seem to be simple, probably quite the opposite, so if that's a pipe dream I understand.

• Like 1

With all due respect @Quadzilla Power, this is the same over lapping and level button displacement that has been around since the app came out in like 2018..

On the phones its worse with gauge overlap than my tablet.. @Mopar1973Man might be able to get a screenshot easier than I can right now.. tablet is at home..

@dieselautopower, I'm not sure if slow is even the right word for what I'm experiencing, but my Isspro's have 4-6 psi on them before the Quad reads 1 psi, but once like 15 psi comes around (the rarity it does..) both seem to match. I might take you up on the idea I think you presented earlier about the fuel pressure sensor used as a boost sensor to get a data log of what's going on..

It worked.

I didnt get a stabilized boost reading.. not enough places to do so on my trip back to work... 

In case some one finds this in the future, each vertical step is one psi and this is a severely cut down set of data and it was still 700 data points. Fuel pressure plug from quadzilla is plugged into Isspro pressure sending unit. so fuel pressure is "actual boost", boost pressure is from the factory map sensor.

image.png.e2c15ccf5a3c138f2cb1ddd353ed2d71.png

|3rd|             4th gear         |      5th       |       |       5th still?        |     | 2nd |   3rd  |   4th   |   5th   |                  |                           2nd                  |     3rd    |

hope that makes sense..

Edited by Silverwolf2691
  • Like 1

Tried for a longer boost hold to see if things even out but I think I have too many transient boost locations and not enough locations to hold boost.. Need to get up on the highway, but diesel just hit over $6.10/gal here.. We'll see how this goes..

This is 200ish time stamps so about 50 seconds-ish of data.. Maxes at about a 4-5 psi differential between sensors.. Same setup as above.  

image.png.6c9939223a0c6903adeb8a1ddc828def.png

I don't know weather to call this a slow map sensor, a misreading sensor, or what..

All I know is I need to do something because this is making daily driving interesting.. Truck has no get up and go.. Even more so when cold.. 

Edited by Silverwolf2691

• Owner

So I would ohm the MAP wiring back to the ECM plug using an ohm meter. Verify that all wiring is les than 5 ohm resistance. Then double check ohm between the wire and body ground which will double check the MAP wires are not shorted to ground. Remember for both test the ECM and MAP plugs have to be disconnected. 

Then the next step could be a Quadzilla issue if the boost fooler circuit is damaged. Might consider sending the Quadzilla and wiring back for testing. Even better yet give Quadzilla a call and see what they have to say for tips to diagnose this. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hoping to get to work on my trucks after tomorrow. Have 5 days I gave myself between jobs..

Want to finish the install of injectors, pushrods, and valve springs and have enough time to tune before the first sled pull. On the list is also ohming out the MAP harness and planning up a fix for a fuel leak from the hoses breaking down going into my lift pump.. Thinking of hardline along the frame to braided line for the motor/lift pump to account for movement..

Mother Nature isn't looking cooperative the whole holiday weekend though, chances of rain Sat-Mon.. hope not..

If I finish with my Cummins, I might start on the front end and finish rebuilding the exhaust of my little green truck.. Weather permitting..

Edited by Silverwolf2691
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been mulling over the MAP sensor issue ive been having.. 

Been trying to figure out how a MAP sensor functions and i wonder if the resistance is too far in one way or another but still within tolerance. And because of that it takes some time to register boost.. 

Spit balling is all..