• Announcements

• Me78569

High Idle Kit Sale   09/06/2017

Just in time for Father Winter, we are offering a %10 Discount for the first 10 High Idle switches sold until 10/1/2017.  Just use the coupon code HighIdle at checkout to get %10 off. Visit out store to see details on the High Idle Kit.       

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster4473

Got my VP44 out

rooster4473    0
rooster4473

So I got the vp out, it wasnt that bad, and I didnt drop the key, so Im pretty happy right now, altho the thought of droppn all that cash for another one sux! Anyway when I was looking over stuff on the net and in the manual ect, it was suggested to change the sensor that is right behind the vp, and I cant remember where I saw that at or what it was called, its pretty much right behind the vp, can anyone tell me what its called?

dripley    1,151
dripley

I don't know about a 99 but my 02 has a camshaft positioning sensor behind ther that i wish i had replaced while i was in there. just did not know about it until i had replaced the IP. your 99 might not have one. could have a crank sensor in a differant location.

rooster4473    0
rooster4473

yea there is a sensor there, its held on by 1 bolt i think n only got a couple of wires going to it, it must b the camshaft position sensor.

poisonivy24    0
poisonivy24

yea there is a sensor there, its held on by 1 bolt i think n only got a couple of wires going to it, it must b the camshaft position sensor.

I am planning to replace mine, may I know where did you buy the part? Is online store like ebay can be trusted?

rooster4473    0
rooster4473

I dont know if it makes a difference or not, but because it is electrical and hard to get too I bought my sensor at the dodge dealer. There is a parts place online called rockauto.com that i use alot now and they have name brand stuff, i didnt start buying from them till after i fixed my truck, but they probabbly have sensors.

Junkman    0
Junkman

I changed my cam sensor with the VP but decided to go with chainstore part because prior CRANK sensors (both original unknown brand and Cummins sensor) had failed close together. I figured that I may as well buy cheap if they are going to fail anyway. You can get to the cam sensor without pulling the VP. I forgot what fitting to remove the cam sensor - perhaps a torx??? Someone post back type & size when you find out.