• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New 2022 3500 Dodge Tradesman 6.7 HO Aisin ordered and coming in the fall ???

Turbo Terry

• Staff
1 hour ago, NIsaacs said:

Here is a scan of my lubricant chart, no mention of SO/HO dually, just dually. It appears that the 12" also comes in an SRW

1991534662_Image(22).jpg.fd64dd2dad29b7fb5d8c6c432e93f9d1.jpg

The 12.0 is only offered on the HO, so they are excluding the 11.5 DRW axle. 

Regardless of wheel configuration SO gets 11.5 and HO gets 12.0. 

It’s a poorly written section thou. 

Since 2003 there has been no direct recommendation of anything heavier than 75w-90 for the 11.5” axle. I even called AAM 12 or 13 years and asked about it. They simply said they built it for 75w-90 and unless you ran over GCWR in Death Valley it wasn’t needed, but you’re probably close 🤣

Why RAM went to 75w-85 over 75w-90 I don’t know.l

• Like 1

I’m sitting on $400 worth of Oil and gear grease what to do with It  I suppose sell it with the old truck a sweet deal

Thanks gents 

I love my old 99 rattler  Really don’t want to sell it but I’m creeper impaired.  71 and can’t do it so new truck time.  I want the warranty and dodge to do it.  I just hate saying that. Oil changes everything.  Bent m o— sorry.  To old   Soooo the fluids spare parts my knowledge of the truck are all part of the deal but as is where is needs to apply.  This truck is ready to haul a 2500 -2800 camper   Air bags exhaust brake 8 ft box regular cab. So what’s she worth.  Garage kept still a good looking truck.  Tons of power and slows down good.  Good brakes total 3400 $ new front end.  No junk tell me true. I have a number in my head.   I’m so sad 

It meets Cummins spec for the 99.  I see your point. Don’t know what the spec is for a 2022 and I dont want to void my warranty 3 years etc and the warranty I’m going to buy after that.  That’s why I’m buying a new truck.  Delvac and 70/140 gear grease needs to go with the old truck. Thanks that helped me a lot.  I’m not going to work on the new truck. Dodge is   Thanks.   Sometimes its hard to see the forest because the trees are in the way

• Staff
25 minutes ago, Turbo Terry said:

It meets Cummins spec for the 99. 

Specs have changed a lot since 99, and they are almost always backwards compatible. Go look at the jug and see what specs are on it. CI, CJ, CK? 

Depending on how long you’ve had it it very well may work in the 22. 

• Staff
6 minutes ago, Turbo Terry said:

Mobile Delvac 1 ESP    API Ck-4 sae 5w-40 Diesel engine oil CK- 4 Cj-4 cl-4. New oil. It’s premium oil 

Unless something unannounced happens for 2022 trucks that oil will work perfect in your new truck. CK is the current spec and I’m not expecting a change for a while. 

• Staff
10 minutes ago, Turbo Terry said:

This is not found at Walmart or most auto stores.   You have to buy a case 4 gallons at a time from a mobile dealer.  

Looks like Amazon has it for $35 gallon when you buy 4. 

Walmart shows it online $33/gallon with free shipping, thou I’m not sure that applies to AK. 

Looks like a decent oil for the price group. It’s a little thinner when cold and has a higher TBN than the similar Amsoil, but the Amsoil is thicker when hot and has a higher HTHS rating. 

I am surprised with its TBN of 12, don’t see that much anymore. That was more common with CI oils than CK oils. 

Edited by AH64ID

Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii are some times more than the goods total bs.  But it is why your trip to Alaska costs so much   We don’t care about the cost it would make us just crazy.  If you want it buy it.   We  have a bar in town Chilkoot   Charlie’s   The sign on the door says come on in we cheat the other guy and pass the savings on to you.  You cant live here if your afraid of bears  prices bugs and dark cold  lonely winters or bad roads.  We got it all . My lubes would work just fine in my new grandpa truck.  I’m born and raised up in Nebraska. Go Big Red.  New truck will be called big red best thing ever happen to me is I got out of there

I will truly miss my old truck.   Makes me very sad

82 here today.  We thought we might melt    Pretty hot for us   We don’t have ac.  Or screens  on are upstairs windows    Sitting in the shade with my 6year almost 7 grand daughter.  We had to turn the sprinkler on and run thru it.   Starting to cool now a bit.  I did not run thru the sprinkler He’ll I can’t run barely can walk.  Good times

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Like myself I've not seen any 2020 or newer trucks yet. So, I didn't know there was a spec change. 

Common out here is 1st Gens, 2nd Gens, some 3rd gens, very few 4th gens...

Complete opposite in ct. I think I see a first gen of any type, besides the one that lives in town and the one that sled pulls, about 2-3 times a year. Second gens are really common, first half 3rd gens are more rare and second half 3rd gens are semi-plentiful. But most common is the 4th gen. 5th gens are starting to show up a bit more. I think they will slowly replace the 4th gen being the most common around here. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner

Kind of like the 2006 vs 2002 Dodge's I've got. 

The 2006 I love the auto exhaust brake function. I can set my cruise and the ECM controls the exhaust brake on long downhill runs. Where the 2002 is totally manual and you have to manage speed on your own. The 2006 has 3.73 gears which I'm happy with but got to get rid of the lift kit and these 18's wheels. Good power but no where near what the 2002 Dodge will do. As for the full back seat it just a bigger junk collector than my 2002 with the Quad doors.

As for the 2002 its tuned with the Quadzilla and does way better on MPG's over the 2006 Dodge. Better power, 5 speed less shifting gears, injectors are a fraction of the price. Suspension on the 2002 is way better and hauls weight better.

So how does the tow haul really work on a 2022 truck? How does the exhaust brake work?  My old 99 has a bd and 200 hp braking  which works very well. Slows ten thousand pounds down going down long grades etc    Will the new truck be the same ?   Just got back from a 550 mile road trip.  Some pretty serious grades up and down. Will I be disappointed in the tow haul mode for this ?

I have an '01 with the BD brake, the new truck works better. Full on will reduce speed and automatic will maintain speed. If you are stopping, the tranny will downshift, down to 2nd. I use automatic. If you are on cruise the brake will come on anytime the speed increases over the set speed, including a down shift if needed.

So tow/haul is a complete remap of the shift points upshifting and auto downshifts when the exhaust brake is active for sure, not sure if it reacts the same with the exhaust brake off. It also holds off 6th gear until low load or highway/freeway speeds (55-60+). it also locks the converter until a lower speed that "regular" mode, I think, it feels that way.

The exhaust brake has two settings, full and auto. Full acts just like a second gen, its gonna slow you down almost as soon as you let off the accelerator pedal. Auto mode will maintain the speed you let off the throttle at whether in cruise or not. The exhaust brake on full, with tow haul active, down a decent hill, rivals one of our fire trucks for slowing you down in my opinion, especially if you force the gears lower, faster than the computer would otherwise. It will push you into your seat belt if you aren't prepared for it. The fire truck still beats my truck regardless because engine brake vs exhaust brake. 

Just be aware that it WILL NOT stay engaged until you stop. Both systems shut off prior to that. Tow/haul is 10 or 15 mph, regular is 20-25 mph. And both turn off each time you shut off the truck.

Fun fact, there's a gauge you can set to see the braking horsepower but its a needle gauge, not really able to discern an actual number. Crap, I just remembered you are getting a tradesman, I don't know if the cluster is the same. Might not be able to see the same gauges.

So it is a true plate in the exhaust that flips over. Except is controlled by the computer and the transmission    Just like what I paid a lot of money for years ago. Rebuild transmission and exhaust brake  to be able to stop this truck and load. My last truck before the 99 24v was a 1983 Ford F 250 351 Windsor v8 4 speed 410 rear.   Only would go about 60 mph down the hiway.  Burned a lot of gas.    My Wyoming truck    I thought all trucks were Manuel trannys.  All my work pickups. Etc silly me.  So I should have bought a 5 speed but living in the biggest town I had ever  lived by ten times Anchorage 280 k at the time decide to go auto not realizing when you let off on the gas was like putting it in neutral and yahooing it down the hill brakes be dammed. Stupid me.  Anyway over the years in the city the auto has been nice and after hip surgery and two replaced knees it was a good choice all and all. Now you can’t even buy a Manuel anymore   The two biggest problems with my 99 was to weak a transmission behind a powerful diesel  which I think only had about 235 hp stock.  It was dead and the stupid lift pump problem.  DTT  fixed the tranny BD the brakes and Rasp the lift pump. We had to fixed what the factory gave us I guess.  The good old.  Now you can just buy it from the factory $$$$$

Not a butterfly valve. It's a sliding ring around the turbine. 

Reacts relatively quick too. The ring closes down very tight to restrict the flow to the turbo and act as the butterfly valve on a standard exhaust brake.

I'm almost positive the 5th gens 2017 and up have the he300vevg instead if the he351ve, but I think its a name change only, not sure though.

Essentially the same turbo. <-After doing a bit of digging im unsure about this

Edited by Silverwolf2691