• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Summer time heat

• Owner

Strange all the talk about wanting 2 LO on a CAD axle. :rolleyes:

In all the years I've lived in Idaho I've never really needed 2WD or 4WD LO range at all. Shoot most of the winter time I'm still in 2WD. Rare for me to even used 4WD HI. I'm not the type to bail into a muddy area blindly. I will look things over before proceeding. I look at the fact if I can do most of my travel in 2WD even offroad then I always got 4WD to free me in a bad spot. Even hauling my wood trailers and RV. Like right now I've still got my RV up at Smokey Boulder Road. I towed it in 2WD up 14 miles of dirt roads. Then I'm going to hitch up my utility trailer and head up and go wood cutting. Even hauling that trailer up some of the rough nasty road I've never needed LO range ever. 

Last weekend... My 2000 Jayco and my 2013 BigTex Trailer.

20210725_062817.jpg

Red Heart Icon is the camp spot from the highway...

Screenshot_20210731-073537_Maps.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Im more in the same boat as you @Mopar1973Man, in winter around here i stay in 2wd unless theres enough snow on the ground to warrant it. Or the town neglects to plow our road.. Happens more often than you would think.. They also dont use a lot of salt.. And I dont have the kind of trails like you guys have and no need for the deep woods excursions

I use 4x4 low almost every time I deliver a load of cinders. I need the low speed for backing into tight locations and the low forward speed to spread. Saving 4x4 is like saving your head lights on cloudy, rainy/snow days or early dusk/early morning. Use it, it is not fragile at all.:)

• Like 1

• Owner
19 hours ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

Im more in the same boat as you @Mopar1973Man, in winter around here i stay in 2wd unless theres enough snow on the ground to warrant it. Or the town neglects to plow our road.. Happens more often than you would think.. They also dont use a lot of salt.. And I dont have the kind of trails like you guys have and no need for the deep woods excursions

Out here the only paved roads are the highway. Everything else is a dirt road. Now it been a long while since I had to travel back road to peoples places in the winter time. Remember last year the COVID had everything shut down. Then 5 years before that I was taking care of @MoparMomdialysis runs to Ontario, OR. This winter I might be out in the snow and ice much more. Bad enough I've got to make time to get to Param and buy my 17 inch wheels for Thor. Then I got a buddy in Riggins going to score me a good dealer on Hankook ATm's (265/70 R17) for Thor (2006 Dodge).

As for The Beast I ran a lot of highway miles in the winter. I think the best thing to see is out running a lift Ford on 35 inch tires and I'm just cruising at 60 to 65 MPH with my tiny 30 inch (245/ 75 R16) tires. Snow as 9 inches deep un-plowed highway and still made a clean pass and keep on going. Yeah I was in 4WD but still this is way I love the pizza cutter better bite to the highway below. That Ford was fighting because he was floating on top of the snow and no traction. (Hankook ATm's 245/75 R16)