• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Water and Heat

• Owner

I'm starting to hear on the local radio that McCall ID is calling for water conservation. Giving guides on watering at night, using hose timers, etc. For myself its been a bad year just trying to keep water going. The loggers that log out behind us happened to damage two pots in the water line. Between the neighbor and myself we managed to get water going. Shortly after that fix I ended up having a filter problem down hill at my place. Mud and needles washed down and plugged the sediment filter. Clean the cup out and filter and now noticed the sand wore the bottom of the filter cup out. so thin it was leaking water out at 120 PSI through small cracks in the cup. I happen to have a tube of epoxy and started mixing up batches of epoxy filling the wore groove in the cup. 15 minute set up time. Managed to just get water back up. Now my yard is super dry. I lost all the cherries (fruit not the trees) being extreme heat and lack of water. Now got 2 good hoses and going to head to town soon and pick up hose mending supplies and repair my hoses and get the place watered.  

Weather wise its been floating right at 100 degrees here day in and day out. We maxed out at 108*F here for one day. I've seen over 118*F in Riggins, ID and Lucile ID just out working job. Rivers are all down on flow and even rafting companies are wondering how much lower the river might get. Here is the river acros the road from me. The triangles are the average flow.

image.png

20210716_100444.jpg

20210716_100458.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

• Staff

Troubles with water shortages are just beginning, according to what the Farmers are saying. Down south they are really in for some problems that will affect all of us. 

I been praying pretty fervently about this. Around here it's as dry as the end of the summer. Conditions are like when you would normally expect fall to bring rain very soon and feel okay about that but, it's still 3 months away   :wow:

I am irrigating my trees which I never had to do much before but, the tips are scorched on many of them. While watering my two Aspen trees twice so far, for 24 hr periods, I have 28 more Aspens coming up all at once trying to make a new grove. Never seen that before, some are growing 6 inches a week. That's the only great news about this drought I can offer! 

Mike I'm glad you got your water fixed... Have you caught any of those three legged chickens yet?!

Edited by JAG1

• Owner
1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

Have you caught any of those three legged chickens yet?!

Only find those in North Carolina... @dripley most likely has a private farm out there somewhere... Most likely takes them out in the "Chicken Caddie" for rides at night. 

1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

Mike I'm glad you got your water fixed...

Yeah its been a real task to keeping water flowing here this year. More down time than up time. I've got to find a new sand or sediment filter for my 1 inch supply line yet. I've only band-aid the problem for now. I found one in Tractor Supply I might just order it and get it coming. Funny part I bought the filter last time in Lewiston ID at Home Depot and they no longer carry it or the filter cartridge.

1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

I am irrigating my trees which I never had to do much before but, the tips are scorched on many of them.

Most of the fruit trees have been pruned pretty hard last spring so most of the production right now is slow. The cherry trees produced cherries but with the heat and lack of water they were small and dried out quickly on the tree. I'm getting water on the black berries which are now popping up and looking good gotta keep some fruit around here. 

• Like 1

• Staff
39 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Only find those in North Carolina... @dripley most likely has a private farm out there somewhere... Most likely takes them out in the "Chicken Caddie" for rides at night. 

Scientists worried about Dripley's 3 legged chickens taking over the planet since no one, not even chetas can catch one.

44 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Yeah its been a real task to keeping water flowing here this year. More down time than up time. I've got to find a new sand or sediment filter for my 1 inch supply line yet. I've only band-aid the problem for now. I found one in Tractor Supply I might just order it and get it coming. Funny part I bought the filter last time in Lewiston ID at Home Depot and they no longer carry it or the filter cartridge.

Try an irrigation supply or plumbing supply Mike but, call first.

• Owner
1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

Scientists worried about Dripley's 3 legged chickens taking over the planet since no one, not even chetas can catch one.

I'm sure there isn't any animal that can out run a bullet. :gun: Dead or alive... Then there is proof of the 3 legged chicken.

1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

Try an irrigation supply or plumbing supply Mike but, call first.

Next time I plan to head towards Lewiston Idaho. I'll call ahead and get one. 

• Owner

Here we go again. I finally starting to get water on the yard and @Wet Vettecalls me to the bedroom. We are looking at the window and see the filter trap wiggling. I head out side and look the filter is plugging up with debris from up top. No biggy. I open the purge valve and it cleans up fast. Still watching close and seeing air being sucked in. Dang! I waited till after dinner and hauled up the mountain to my dam to just check and the water level was barely reaching the pipe. I pull the boards and clear the dam quickly. Pick up stones and debris and re-lay in the boards and seal them with moss. Nearly water tight now. Then head up the road some more to the upper diversion. Get off the ATV and the weeds are shoulder high on me. Tough to hunt for the trail buried in 5 foot of weed. knowing where the creek was I kept pushing. Finally find the creek and hiked up a bit farther to the diversion. My pipe has a spike in the middle of it and just my luck the pipe had a stone just about perfect size to plug it. Cleaned that up and gain some good flow. Packed up and hike back to the ATV. Stopped by the neighbor house to let them know water changes. I found a place near me that sells the sediment filters so I'm going to try calling the company Monday. I got back home and the sprinklers have gained about another 20 feet of radius. Now we are getting the water on the lawn and yard.  

As for my creek the water is low and it way early for low flows like this typically its mid to late August before low water happens. The river is about 500 CFM lower than normal too. 

• Sad 1