• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Nationwide Weather

1 hour ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

You must have heard something i havent.. thinking long and cold?

It's been mentioned for the past year or so every so often by some key players, no one knows what it means exactly, food shortage, power outage, cyber attack, all at once, who knows, but they must tell us ahead of time what the plan is, part of this seek game. When its going to happen we don't know, I think it's like playing chess, depending on how we react to what they do they decide the next move, but as everyone can notice it's been going down hill slowly every year and they are very patient. All I can say is try to get ready for the worst and pray for the best, still the more we leave like there's nothing going on the better for us, others see you happy and not scared and it gives them same feeling, monkey see monkey do sort of thing. 

• Like 1

A few words from the other side of the fence. i got vaccinated as soon as it was available to me. i do realize this was produced rather quickly, a product of operation Warp Speed as I recall. I still believe it was right thing to do for me, my wife and MIL. Folks have died from this virus by the 100's of thousands. We may never know the true numbers since I do believe that some that died was because it was the last straw there system could take. By that I mean a lot deaths maybe should not have attributed to the virus. If you go back read about the flu pandemic that hit the world back 1919 and 20 the death rate was way beyond what we have experienced. Folks back then met that with same trepidations the we are seeing now and the death rate from that pandemic made this one look like cake walk.

Now that being said, I did not write this to tell anyone they are wrong, last time checked this is still free country and we all have the right to believe what you want to believe.  And I have the utmost respect for all my friends and members here. Just my :2cents: worth.

On a different note, my chickens might have 3 legs but I never grew anything odd on me after the vaccination.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, dripley said:

If you go back read about the flu pandemic that hit the world back 1919 and 20 the death rate was way beyond what we have experienced. Folks back then met that with same trepidations the we are seeing now and the death rate from that pandemic made this one look like cake walk.

Spanish flu was not Spanish and it wasn't a flu. It started in the military after experimental vaziline that made everyone sick and when soldiers were coming home they made everyone else to get the same vaziline so they didn't get sick from the soldiers. Guess which foundation was behind all that, you guessed it the same one that's behind it now. Most people that died in that pandemic took the Vaseline, there were no deaths amongst those that didn't take it. True story just need to look it up and not on main stream, their job is to deceive daily. 

I feel the same way we all have our choice, I'm not here to start fight with anyone on their beliefs and do respect others. I just feel that with abundance of information we have these days, that are probably coming to an end soon, we can make new decisions.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Staff
12 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

It's been mentioned for the past year or so every so often by some key players, no one knows what it means exactly, food shortage, power outage, cyber attack, all at once, who knows, but they must tell us ahead of time what the plan is, part of this seek game. When its going to happen we don't know, I think it's like playing chess, depending on how we react to what they do they decide the next move, but as everyone can notice it's been going down hill slowly every year and they are very patient. All I can say is try to get ready for the worst and pray for the best, still the more we leave like there's nothing going on the better for us, others see you happy and not scared and it gives them same feeling, monkey see monkey do sort of thing. 

Yes, I see on the news where the first case of the Monkey Virus infected a guy traveling to Africa. He is in the hospital in Texas. They are attempting to track down others he came in contact with on the plane and inside the airports.

I have noticed the bird populations are greatly diminished, in fact almost non existent compared to what was only 10 years ago. Many are simply gone or never show up anymore. Same with the bee population, it is greatly diminished..

Moss growing on trees is very sensitive to air pollution and that is almost gone in my woods.

It was just 5 years ago I became aware of a strange turn of events, small as they were yet astonishing in their own way, such that it impressed on me a beginning of a downward spiral in our world. Forgive me if I seem odd .... I'm finding more things in the Bible becoming so amazingly,  more applicable today than in the times past when they were written. Keep the faith everyone.

• Like 1

Cold front came through last night, pushed out the stalled front that was parked over CT. Nice thunder storms. Also pushed the smoke out or cleaned it out with the rain. First time in a couple weeks we've had clear "crisp" weather. Sunday the humidity comes back supposedly. 

@Mopar1973Man, how close are the fires to you? Enough to be concerned or not yet? What about your forestry fire crews, they been called to action? 

Edited by Silverwolf2691
  • Like 1

• Owner

All round me... INCIweb...

Screenshot from 2021-07-23 07-53-05.png

McCall ID at the city park.

20210722_073717.jpg

New Meadows Valley looking north towards home at Pollock Mountain. Look close on the left side of the highway it barely an outline...20210721_150739.jpg

Climate change just get the fires put out and the smoke and CO2 levels would drop here quickly. But we all know these fires will burn till end of season around September. Sure not diesel trucks causing global warming. 

• 3 weeks later...

Into the oven for the next few days. Mid-upper 90s inland with high 80s at the shoreline. Then dew points up to the mid 70s give us a feels like temperature of 105. We don't usually get dew points this high. Sunday is the end of it, dew points 50s to 60, temps in the lower to mid 80s.

@Mopar1973Man, the page you had all of the wild fires on, inciweb, is that open to the public or a responder only thing? 

• Staff

Thanks Dan. Heat was amazing last night because it usually cools down significantly after sunset but, not last night. It was still 80 degrees at 11 pm. We've had little or no rain for a long time and last spring, usually quite wet months, we only saw around 3 or4 inches for the three months. Something has flip flopped in the weather dynamics. I hope it rains soon. We need prayers from everyone with the very strange weather and epic events seen in the last year. It's really scary the things I'm seeing in the last year.

Edited by JAG1

• Owner
On 7/19/2021 at 8:04 AM, Silverwolf2691 said:

I know Mike (@Mopar1973Man) has been in the 110s and up, is that normal for you guys?

Normally the 100F to 110F weather starts in August up here but this year it started in July. Yes its normal for 100 to 110 in August and been seeing the same weather for years. We are already talking about a wet/snowy winter. Some of the locals are good at reading animal patterns and even insects. Like today it started at 57F here this morning and the rose to 97F now. No biggy... This morning when I ran to work in Donnelly ID it was mere 40F from New Meadows up into McCall and there was wispy fog in the valleys.

In the past when I was running on the local fires and working wildland I remember times of sitting in a water tender without A/C and it being 100F to 110F. I even remember looking at the old school thermometer at Chevron back when I worked there for a summer and seen 117F.

I think if we started at 40-57°F here and went to the 90°F it did today people would have had a panic attack. I think we started the day at or above 70°F this morning. Add in air thick enough to chew from the humidity and the recipe for health hazards is formed. 

6 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Heat was amazing last night because it usually cools down significantly after sunset but, not last night. It was still 80 degrees at 11 pm.

@JAG1, you have any humidity with that 80°F overnight? I think I've had that one or two summers ago, being at/over 80 overnight. If you didn't have A/C, you weren't sleeping very well if you got any sleep at all.  

Also, amazing? :think:

Edited by Silverwolf2691

• Staff
1 hour ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

I think if we started at 40-57°F here and went to the 90°F it did today people would have had a panic attack. I think we started the day at or above 70°F this morning. Add in air thick enough to chew from the humidity and the recipe for health hazards is formed. 

@JAG1, you have any humidity with that 80°F overnight? I think I've had that one or two summers ago, being at/over 80 overnight. If you didn't have A/C, you weren't sleeping very well if you got any sleep at all.  

Also, amazing? :think:

It was a battle to sleep. Finally by 3 am I could move back into the bedroom away from the noisy A/C and sleep much better. It gettin weird around here with our weather. It's unbelievable the things we been going thru and Oregon used to be a very pleasant place, clean air, very nice weather. Now it just mind boggling thing to see the changes like dying trees and excessive heat.

On 7/20/2021 at 9:03 PM, IBMobile said:

He's right

He still looks the same.   

690565536_Chickenman2.jpg.5239cb4edfb38c57d81f9b4bfe27e6e6.jpg

That's Dripley overseeing the new Chic-Fil-A going in. No one is allowed to sit higher than him at lunch. :thumb1:

Edited by JAG1

Overnight lows in the upper 70s and low 80s is pretty normal summer weather in the Midwest. Dew points in the upper 70s are not shocking, but may be mentioned in a conversation. It just is what it is. Purely for weather reasons only do I frequently have a desire to move west. Then I come back to reality.

Anyone seeing signs of fall/winter? Around here people are seeing squirrels starting to build nests and acorns are starting to drop. never noticed to begin with so I don't know if it's normal for that to happen already. We haven't gotten a lot of rain this month so I don't know if its stress on the trees or not.. 

• Staff

It finally cooled off from some hot days here in Oregon. So glad to be able to get more done. I'm noticing days are getting shorter and prevailing winds/ clouds coming in from the northwest, not south and east. We haven't seen much rain since March... only 5.8 inches which is highly unusual for Oregon. Lots of times I see a 5 gallon bucket filled up in a weeks time in April.

I am ready for fall. Need to get my wood in as we have had some unusual weather extremes in the last 18 mos. Never know what's coming these days, it seems. 

Edited by JAG1