• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

MAX SAFE BOOST RANGE W HEAD STUDS & S300 AFTER FUEL UPGRADES

Well I pulled a small hill yesterday using a tune I wrote that brings the CAN BUS in pretty quickly on the Quad Adrenaline. This combined with Mach 4's (Flux 150 inj) think his 2700 ml/min is similar to most 7x.010's and saw 38 just barely rolling into the go pedal. I am guessing 38-40 lbs of boost would be the max for head gasket longevity? One surprise was that my EGT's are really reasonable at 900-1100. Seems like it starts barely slower vs RV275s like maybe one second on the key. Idles great. Also everyone talks about the sac nozzles being louder at idle but mine is slightly quieter. 

Thanks

7 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Lets say with the aggressive tune I managed to blow the head gasket at 50 PSI but I'm pretty sure it was the drive pressure that got it. 

I would suggest 40 to 45 PSI as a limit. 

and I would bet both legs and both arms  it was timing and load, was the 50psi corrected IE minus 14.9 or not, either way 50psi in the grand scheme of diesel combustion pressures matter not a jot what will matter and matter a lot is angle of the crank and rod when max expansion occurs absolutly no difference to a gas motor, fired off to early with not enough crank angle the charge is going to find another way out simple

• Like 2

• 1 month later...