• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My son the wrapper

dripley

My youngest son has had a love affair for S 10 pickups but has been without one for a long while. Found a 98 with 140k for 800 bucks. Original paint and was in pretty fair shape for a 22 year old truck. Anyway he wraps vehicles of all shapes and sizes and is transforming this one. Got to watch him for a while this afternoon. Makes it look so easy, even if his socks are a bit strange

20210801_151830.jpg.e1b89fa43d9a58518f0ca150cfaf7882.jpg20210801_154935.jpg.750e24c58773c7266cd0ffaf9acd53ad.jpgh20210801_155504.jpg.cb4f90565d01700360969d8ac3069735.jpg20210801_161330.jpg.a17f095120d4b5443ed0b2ad7930635b.jpg20210801_151804.jpg.c8cd2a7a4683d8a89a3b7475abe6678b.jpg

This one is for you @JAG1

If you close you can see the top of his son's head. Good 3rd gen day for the Ripleys.

Edited by dripley
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Dieselfuture said:

Sorry @dripley you said it was for jag1 but I already hit the like button.

Was actually talking to @JAG1 and Mike tonight. The Mike and Mike show. Jag had not heard of wrapping. So hence the sratement.

It was fun to watch. He says all he does is put stickers on but he knows what he is doing.

• Like 1

• Staff

Thank you Dripley that's pretty incredible and pretty as well. I had no idea they can do that :thumb1:

Just now, IBMobile said:

How long does a wrap last on the body?

About 5-7 years if I remember correctly what Dave said on the phone. If you get a bad section you can just redo it if you buy extra and store it

4 hours ago, Royal Squire said:

Did your son have to do bodywork before the wrap?

Yes but nothing major. Some bondo and alot of sanding. You pretty much have to prep it just like you are going to paint it. Imperfections show up in the vinyl just like paint.

4 hours ago, IBMobile said:

How long does a wrap last on the body?

About 5 to 7 years. The horizontal surfaces go first and you can replace a piece as need be. I dont know noticeable it would be between the old and the new.

39 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

That was a fun call last night. I called @JAG1 but no answer so I called @dripley then shortly @JAG1 calls back so I merged the calls together and cross country chat with 2 members. Worse yet but in construction. LOL

As for that wrap that is super cool color.

That was a good call. Really enjoyed it. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Trying hard... I just got the head gasket changed today but got a few hours to finalize the job.

Did you take the head back to the shop to check for flatness, are in such a short time you called it good enough and just changed the gasket.

• Like 1

• Staff
34 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Trying hard... I just got the head gasket changed today but got a few hours to finalize the job.

Don't forget to set the bearings for 14 miles west of Bridgeport.:tongue:

• Staff

For whatever reason the images didn't come up. 

I worked with a guy that did that and was part owner of the business. He offered to do my truck at the time but it would have been basically a rolling billboard for him so I declined.

Scratch the first sentence, refreshed the page and the ages loaded.