• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2003 1500 4x4 Hemi

Mate of mine drops round yesterday, he has a 03 1500 hemi, I scanned this about a year ago for a misfire, cylinders 5 and 7 low secondary spark IIRC so ordered coils from R/A for him so he fits the coils and the misfire is still there, he buys a cheapo code reader as he lost my number and the code had changed can't remember what to but it was plugs/leads/coils or ECM, sort of the same fault but different code

So he changes the plugs/leads already done the coils, no change so he buys a ECM from the USA which matched all numbers on his original, fitted that and all good except ABS light flashing hence the visit to me yesterday, so this morning I go plug the S/O Modis in as his cheapo reader doesn't do ABS or anything else other than engine.

Codes 82, 83 and 84. 82 and 83 are tone ring mismatch so checked  live data parked and everything looked ok, did a code clear and 82 and 83 wouldn't clear (84 is VIN mismatch)

Turns out tyre size was wrong from his original ECM to his replacement, replacement had 235/80/17 IIRC and his tyres were 275/60/20, put in the new tyre size and ABS light off, took it for a run and it stayed off, I have advised him to send his original ECM to somewhere like ACS and get it checked out and repaired and keep the replacement as a good known spare

My good deed for the day done and my mate is well happy

• Like 1