• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Interior/dome and Cargo lights just "stopped working"

Rogan

.   I went to get in the truck a little bit ago.  Opened the door, the dome lights came on for a sec, then blinked, then went off..    Then I noticed the cargo light wouldn't work, either.  Push the button, the cargo indicator on the cluster illuminates, but no cargo light...   FSM shows these are triggered by the cluster??

OMFG, I'm so blind.  There's a fuse #35,. CCNI

Edited by Rogan

• Owner

Don't feel bad after having my exhaust brake blow the fuse under the hood I couldn't understand why it didn't want to start. :duh: After sorting out the fuse problem and the source of the short being the exhaust brake switch makes contact with a ground sometimes and pop goes the fuse. Weekend project... I need to fix this one too. 

As for the dome light might check power mirrors and any interior lights including glove box. These are typically all on the same fuse. 

I don't know if I've had this issue for awhile, or if I just noticed it..
I added a couple 12mm red LED clearance lights under the tailgate, wired them to the plug that's for the tailgate lamp (I dont have the tailgate lamp, just the plug tucked up under the bed).
Opened the drivers door, dome lights cam on as usual (LEDs). Key off, Turned on the parking lights, and the dome lights blinked real fast about 5x, then went out. Checked for a bad fuse, and found 15A #16 blown. Replaced it, and did the same procedure with the same result. Disconnected the new LEDs, repeated process, same result..

NOW... Key in RUN position, door open, dome lights on, turn on parking lights, they dont blink or blow the fuse... Turn Key off, repeat process, blown fuse...

WTAF?

• 5 months later...