• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Lower Ball Joint Flush Style Grease Zerks

For better or for worse, I just got done installing these. With a bent-tip grease gun tool they are super easy to grease, so I now have no excuse for not doing so.

I'm not sure what to think about them. I'm more likely to clean them off and grease them, but if/when the ball or spring wear out they'll be more likely to let in water/salt/grit than a normal zerk.

A Google search for that part number and you can get them pretty cheap.

KIMG0423.JPG

KIMG0425.JPG

• Like 1

I've never seen that before, do you use the needle to grease them.  I currently have the moog joints with the angled zerks as well which is much better than the last setup I had.  The previous joints had the opening in the middle and I would have to remove the tiny bolt from the hole, thread a 90* fitting into it, grease it and then remove the fitting and put the bolt back in.  

• Sad 1

• Owner

Man I hate those flush style zerks. I've got just the straight needle for greasing like driveshafts u-joints. Just too messy and waste to much grease fighting the needle. Truthfully if I was going to do ball joint I would consider something like @dripley got or another brand setup the same way. Either way I'm past 200k on these...