• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

WARNING,Scammers figured out how to use legit websites but the money disappears..

JAG1

• Staff

And you don't get what you ordered. Just happened to my neighbor for around $700. Happened to me 3 weeks ago, never getting the item, I called and they said I was about the 36th person to call that day with the same complaint.

they figured out how to get your money by having a known secure website for a store and routing the money to an unknown location. Im out 60 bucks and waited for a new card is all. So Please Beware!

Edited by JAG1

I am starting to think Teehag is a scam too. Ordered a tee shirt and two coffee mugs two weeks ago and nothing. The tracking is strange and just says shipped. When you call you get an answering machine and they don't call back.

Here is a link to numerous bad reviews.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr9JnElHSxh.kgAoTdXNyoA;_ylu=Y29sbwNncTEEcG9zAzEEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3Ny/RV=2/RE=1630309798/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2freviewestores.com%2f2021%2f05%2f11%2fteehag%2f/RK=2/RS=BwF5JCWXEh5LwbQyw1GJK_vgfQc-

Edited by NIsaacs
  • Thanks 1

• Staff

Somehow they figured out how to use a legitimate or reputable website and when you order the money goes to a hidden address and you can't find them. I really don't like electronic money transfers anymore. I refuse to do any more orders online. My neighbor just today tried to make a reservation for a weeks stay at a major hotel. He just knew it was legit but, they got around 700 bucks charging twice for taxes and service charges. never got a confirmation is what alarmed him. Yep, and no room reservation for him

Edited by JAG1

• Owner

Whole problem here is...

Either the hacker managed to inject code to direct the user to go elsewhere this requires a website with poor security to be able to inject code.

The other way is to make a look alike website with close to matching URLs to fool you. Example be like...

amazon.com -> amazon2.com 

Basically a look alike site but the url might be slightly different. This is common I get emails from a hacker site trying to bill me for services but when you click the link it not the same website. In my case it's...

sendgrid.com -> sendgrid.com.zzz (random tail)

Another way is with other languages alphabets.

The font this site uses and many others has an "a" that looks like it does.

But some letters look similar to ours in other alphabets. The Russian "a" (<-not Russian) looks similar enough that if you quick glance you wont catch it. But because its a different letter, its recognized as a different address. It usually brings you to an identical looking site but your info goes to the scammer. Usually this is used in phishing emails.

On mobile when I get a funky email (ex: your recent purchase from amazon but you haven't used amazon in months), I'll tap the sender to see what the email address is. Most of the time, garbled nonsense at some random website, but says its from say amazon customer service, for example. (I've had this one actually..)     

Edited by Silverwolf2691

• Staff
1 hour ago, NIsaacs said:

Well, at least in my case the company is at least legit. My order finally arrived, from Egypt:) NO wonder it took so long. They have a California address. Quality appears to be fair.

I'm glad you didn't get ''e''- gipped then. That's good.