• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

White smoke

Having a new issue.. idling truck runs great very slight haze but nothing new.. take off down the road under low throttle it does great.. than between 20-50%ish throttle I begin to have white smoke pouring out.. under full throttle it’ll clear up to black.. I’m throwing no codes, turbo is rather new and have inspected behind filter and down pipe with no signs of oil.. injectors freshly pop tested, compression test recently has been done.  Could injection pump be failing with no codes being thrown? Any other ideas?

• Owner

Any P0216 codes for sure?

Is the key in the key way? Is the the key sheared (not lined up)?

The only other I've seen is a cracked nozzle on a 1994 Dodge Cummins the nozzle cracked and would haze, then as you drove it was fairly good amount of white smoke, turn black on heavy throttle clear back up to the haze white.

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Any P0216 codes for sure?

Is the key in the key way? Is the the key sheared (not lined up)?

The only other I've seen is a cracked nozzle on a 1994 Dodge Cummins the nozzle cracked and would haze, then as you drove it was fairly good amount of white smoke, turn black on heavy throttle clear back up to the haze white.

Positive.. click my key 3 times and I get no p1963 or any other code. Even had it hooked up to obd at the parts store and nothing was pulled there either.. maybe thinking a valve seal could be my next guess but I’ll look at the keyway

2 hours ago, IBMobile said:

You may want to go to an O'Reilly auto parts and have them put their code reader on it for free; this way you will know for sure.

That’s what I meant by had them hook up to the obd at parts store. I used their scanner and still nothing.. idle timing says 13* on i quad and at 35% throttle through third gear I run from 15-21 depending on rpm in given gear

I would think that would happen with pressure in the tank.  Take your fuel cap off and see if the issue stops.

Once it starts it may siphon and keep running.  make sure the end of the stock line is higher than the top of the tank to prevent siphon.

GL  HTH

Hag

10 hours ago, Haggar said:

I would think that would happen with pressure in the tank.  Take your fuel cap off and see if the issue stops.

Once it starts it may siphon and keep running.  make sure the end of the stock line is higher than the top of the tank to prevent siphon.

GL  HTH

Hag

I ended up Blocking the line off just to end the problem all together.. but to update this situation.. I replaced the rear main and really didn’t drive it for a month.. maybe month and a half. I let it sit with around a quarter tank.. ever since I filled it up the problem has disappeared.  Not sure if bad fuel or what but it’s gone. I’m definetly gonna run it lower on gauge again and see if the problem reappears