Jump to content

Adrenaline will not initialize


evan717

Recommended Posts

Good day all. Got in my truck one morning and out of the blue my adrenaline tuning variables fail to load. My butt dyno tells me I’m at stock fueling which is odd because I thought the box kept the last loaded tune active. I have updated the app but no luck. Anyone else have this issue? I am running v2.7. Not sure if it’s v2.7.7 but I do have “build date” in data logging. Should I attempt a reflash? Thank you in advance.

AE99DE95-A817-478D-A033-FDE9BDC895C4.jpeg

Edited by evan717
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator

I would try a reflash of the box making sure you have the latest and greatest firmware.

 

Then verify you have the right tune file for the version. If the tunes are not loading I would opt for building a new version. This would build a tune for the version of app your using.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you both for the responses. I will reflash today and see what happens. I do have a dedicated device on airplane mode but it is a Samsung S3. It has worked flawless so far. Nervous nobody else has experienced this but I will report back. Thank you again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

 

Turn OFF airplane mode and it will work just fine. Airplane mode shuts off all the different radios on the mobile device. So no Bluetooth or WiFi. 

Thank you for the tip. I just tried with airplane mode OFF but same result. It has previously worked just fine with airplane mode ON (bluetooth ON) but I will now attempt reflash & report back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
9 minutes ago, evan717 said:

It has previously worked just fine with airplane mode ON (bluetooth ON) but I will now attempt reflash & report back.

You have to leave Airplane mode off. Airplane mode is to stop all RF radios from transmitting any signal at all. So leave Airplane mode OFF. Now the device is Android or iDevice? Older transmitter heads for Quadzilla is Bluetooth for Android and WiFi for iDevices. Now the newer radio heads have both WiFi for apple products and Bluetooth for Android products. It might be a goo idea to make sure all the apps are up to date since Airplane mode is on. It will not update any software being all radios are turned off. Make sure your pair is good I've seen the pair key fail at times and refuse connection. Typically just got to delete the pair and start over. Have you rebooted the device recently? It does help to reboot from time to time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Successfully re-flashed and still same issue. Could it be an app issue? I am exporting my custom tunes now and I will delete app & reinstall. 

29 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

You have to leave Airplane mode off. Airplane mode is to stop all RF radios from transmitting any signal at all. So leave Airplane mode OFF. Now the device is Android or iDevice? Older transmitter heads for Quadzilla is Bluetooth for Android and WiFi for iDevices. Now the newer radio heads have both WiFi for apple products and Bluetooth for Android products. It might be a goo idea to make sure all the apps are up to date since Airplane mode is on. It will not update any software being all radios are turned off. Make sure your pair is good I've seen the pair key fail at times and refuse connection. Typically just got to delete the pair and start over. Have you rebooted the device recently? It does help to reboot from time to time. 

My device is an old Samsung S3 (which could be an issue but has not been in the past). I am running iQuad 1.9.50. I have the older bluetooth only head & have dealt with "standard" pairing issues & know how to resolve. Thank you for your time and I will report back.

UPDATE:

Installed latest iQuad on Samsung SM-T800 tablet with same result. The app takes over 30 seconds to populate the proper number of tuning variables ("0/43") from "0/100". I am now out of options. I will contact Quadzilla support and direct to this thread. Thank you all again for the prompt replies!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only time I had an issue similar to what you are describing was when truck start from the on position and loading of tuning variables happened at the same time. If you are relying on the tablet/phone/etc you either cant wait in "on" or wait for the quad to load up everything before cranking the truck over.

 

I've locked up my Galaxy tab a 10.1 a couple times by messing up the start.

 

But mine clears itself after some time. With yours failing seemingly every time it might point to a quad issue not a phone issue. Especially if you are on stock power now..

 

Side note: surprised to see an S3 in the wild still. I don't think its phone age because I was able to run the app at least on an HTC Vivid (released 2011, S3 and SM-t800 were 2014). My mom found the phone left on her school bus one night, we waited a while and no one picked it up so it became ours. I was gonna use it for the quad way before I even had the tuner. Just playing with the app at the time. Then I took into account how small the screen was and abandoned that idea, went with a tablet instead.         

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

The only time I had an issue similar to what you are describing was when truck start from the on position and loading of tuning variables happened at the same time. If you are relying on the tablet/phone/etc you either cant wait in "on" or wait for the quad to load up everything before cranking the truck over.

 

I've locked up my Galaxy tab a 10.1 a couple times by messing up the start.

 

But mine clears itself after some time. With yours failing seemingly every time it might point to a quad issue not a phone issue. Especially if you are on stock power now..

 

Side note: surprised to see an S3 in the wild still. I don't think its phone age because I was able to run the app at least on an HTC Vivid (released 2011, S3 and SM-t800 were 2014). My mom found the phone left on her school bus one night, we waited a while and no one picked it up so it became ours. I was gonna use it for the quad way before I even had the tuner. Just playing with the app at the time. Then I took into account how small the screen was and abandoned that idea, went with a tablet instead.         

Thank you for the reply. It does happen every single time and through my entire diagnostic period I have not actually started the truck: only tried in K.O.E.OFF position. I emailed Quadzilla yesterday so waiting for a response. 

 

Are you making fun of my S3?!! haha. I tried using the tablet in the truck but no great method to mount it. The slickest I have seen is to purchase an android touch screen radio and set up with the app. Thank you again & I will report back. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have my tablet mounted in front of the radio with two scosche magic mounts. Works almost perfectly. The tablet case has a cover on it and needs to be rolled up before being put onto the mounts. And the magnets are strong too. I've had it sled pulling multiple times and it doesn't budge.

 

I've heard of more connection issues with the android radios, but price was also a factor for me. Both issues were from the last time I looked which was a while ago however.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator

Since I relocated my Bluetooth head into the cab tuck under the cup holder on the floor. I've never had a radio issue ever. Even with the new Quadzilla head that does both Bluetooth and WiFI both still never had one issue. Never had a import or export problem. Since relocation of the head I've never had another connection problem.

 

Now the most phone calls I get is for iPhone (apple) and iTablets (apple) that will not import iQuad tune files or connect or reliably. Just have a call last week for guy that struggling with iPhone not importing a downloaded tune from M73M download area.

 

 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

I have my tablet mounted in front of the radio with two scosche magic mounts. Works almost perfectly. The tablet case has a cover on it and needs to be rolled up before being put onto the mounts. And the magnets are strong too. I've had it sled pulling multiple times and it doesn't budge.

 

I've heard of more connection issues with the android radios, but price was also a factor for me. Both issues were from the last time I looked which was a while ago however.   

 

Those mounts seem like a great idea but I am confused by your "rolled up" cover. Can you elaborate? How do the mounts affix to your dash? Adhesive? Thank you for the info I am extremely interested.

10 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Since I relocated my Bluetooth head into the cab tuck under the cup holder on the floor. I've never had a radio issue ever. Even with the new Quadzilla head that does both Bluetooth and WiFI both still never had one issue. Never had a import or export problem. Since relocation of the head I've never had another connection problem.

 

Now the most phone calls I get is for iPhone (apple) and iTablets (apple) that will not import iQuad tune files or connect or reliably. Just have a call last week for guy that struggling with iPhone not importing a downloaded tune from M73M download area.

 

 

 

I read your posts regarding this but are they offering the longer cables? I have been living with my repairing bluetooth issues which is tolerable but now this is unacceptable. Last time I contacted Quadzilla they were quick to respond but nothing as of yet. Maybe I will call.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

I have my hands full today at lunch lol. I'll grab photos at lunch.

 

The case has a cover that I have to fold up and put behind the tablet when attaching it to the mounts. The mounts themselves are attached by 3m double sided tape.  

 

ah ha...it is not dedicated to the truck. Gotcha. Pictures would be sweet!

4 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Did the mod myself. I cut the plug off the Quad harness and extended the 4 wires equally to the cab. All solered and shrink tubed..Then plugged in the iQuad head right inside the cab.

 

That's right. Genius! Thank you for clarifying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, evan717 said:

ah ha...it is not dedicated to the truck. Gotcha. Pictures would be sweet!

 

Yes and no.. I really only use the tablet in the truck. But I like the ability to not advertise the tablet in certain areas. unplug, detach, and take with me or hide it.. In the summer especially I try to bring it inside to keep the tablet from over heating, especially with no A/C.

Edited by Silverwolf2691
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator

Exactly I don't want anything in my cab that even hints at even having a tuner hence why I love Quadzilla there is no need to have a display. I run headless most days and other are clueless because there is no display.

 

Guys with Smarty Touch or Edge Performance tuner have a higher chance of the vehicle broken into or stolen. Being there is no signs of a display in my truck so likely going to be hit. Plus stock wheels and 245s no reason to mess with a stock truck. Little do they know...

Edited by Mopar1973Man
Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...