• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How long do you think the used truck market for good 24 v 5.9 Cummins 2 nd gens will hold out ?

52 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I would rather crawl under my 2002 Dodge any day over any Common Rail.

Me too Mike. The 2nd gen rigs were pretty easy to work on for the backyard mechanic like myself. The newer stuff looks like a major headache. At this point though my age is catching up with me. Getting tired of turning wrenches I guess. With my wife's Prius it's much easier. I just have to look after the simple stuff like fuel, tire pressure, washer fluid, etc. The dealer takes care of the big stuff and it's all under an extended warranty. 

As much as I love my '02 Dodge (going on 20 years now) for $25k bucks it might have to go.

• Like 2

• Staff

It's a good feeling knowing I have something that has gone way up in value since I bought it. Vehicles don't usually increase unless it's a muscle car or special breed of sorts. I bought my '01 dually about a year and a half ago for $8500 from a private seller. It makes me smile thinking I could sell for upwards of 20-25k now. :woot:

I don't see me selling mine though. I love the truck.  I don't use it to it's potential very often but she's a beast in mostly stock form. Pulls anything I want with ease. I have had a few ask if I'd sell but I just smile and decline any offer.

20210710_171324.jpg

20210912_152433.jpg

• Like 4

Well I gave about $35-37 k in 1999  I had to order it to get  regular cab long box way back then. I have never had a extended cab truck at work or my own. Don’t know what I’m missing I guess. Anyway I have spent a lot of money over the years on it. Just fuel and oil changes tires battery’s etc. just the cost to drive. Then there was upgrades.   More power. It was a bit dead stock.  100 hp extra helped   It needed a much better tranny and exhaust brake. Then the lift pumps I bought until the after market caught up.  So if I got 18 -20 k  I would 

not be making any money.  But still better than selling it for 5-8 k. So double my money would be nice.  New trucks might be better because they have everything I did to this truck and more.  Tow mirrors air bags etc to make it haul a 3 k slide in pretty much ready to go which is nice.  And dodge can take care of it.  I will not void the warranty like I need back in 1999.  I can’t work on them very much anymore. But I still like my 24 v 5.9. It’s a nice truck. And you guys that can work on them should keep them as long as you can   But my story is different and about $67 k different right ???

• Like 1

There isnt a replacement for fuel fed vehichles yet so i highly doubt our stuff is going away antime soon.

Can you imagine the pollution created from battery powerd cars and the machines to create these batteries not matter what its a lose more pollution from green vehicle production then just burning fuel in pur cars.

New petrol and diesel car sales banned in the uk from 2025 , easier distance wise here as battery range is more or less good enough for most journeys, problem here is going to be infastructure, our grid is ok now but not good enough to charge millions of electric cars.

We have bigger problems right now as our wholesale gas (not gasoline) prices have trebled this year, 2 American fertilizer plants here have been shut down as the cost of gas is too high, C02 is a bye product of these plants so there is a shortage of food grade C02 so there is a lot of things dependant on C02, you couldn't write it, the planet is warming due to this gas and the good old UK has ran out ........ genius

• Staff

Our summer is ending and the feeling is, I don't want to go thru another hot one like that again. It's not normal to be so hot for so long in the Pacific Northwest. All the trees are like they have been pruned on the terminal bud of all the branches from the excessive heat. Some trees dying. The air at the same time, does not move anymore like it used to so there this weird sort of smell, just hangs there, along with visible air pollution everywhere from the huge population moved in.

Now that we had a good strong storm move thru, what a relief, finally after 3 months of no rain with only around 5 inches since last March. It is wonderful to get the fresh air back and my trees are looking better with a full 4 inches of rain in 2 days with this last storm. I am so thankful. It important everyone to not forget to keep the faith so God does not forget about you too.

Sorry I got way off topic....  dry conditions like that has never been seen around here and then to think about a fire dept. needed to go with every electric vehicle bothers me. Them things need a way to stop burning after a crash.

• Like 1

Not enough electrical grid in the country to support all electric now but little by little electric will become more popular.  I see the long distance semi  trucks are  being remotely driven now.  Kind of scary 

I did a short drive about today.  Leaves are turning and falling. I went by 4 new car dealers by purpose.  Nothing that looks new 2022 and no volume. Same big spaces of no cars or trucks

New cars are in short supply here due to a chip shortage brought about by covid, around a 6 months waiting list when we were looking a few weeks ago, new XC40 Volvo was delivery in Feb.

On another note we leased a 9 month old Volvo XC40 hybrid for 4 years which does around 28miles on a charge on just battery, perfect for my wife who never does more than 15 miles a day. MPG is up to 115 and climbing everyday, I put it on charge every night so it's ready for the next day, I'm curious to see if the MPG just keeps climbing if it's just used on electric

I leased it as I just wouldn't want to own a modern car..... way to much to go wrong

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 9/14/2021 at 9:12 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Stop all these forest fire that are making more CO2 that any vehicle in the world. Heck just consider a Boeing 747 hold 63,500 gallons of Jet-A fuel and burns just about 5 GALLONS OF JET-A EVERY ONE MILE. So tell a you Govt not to fly and start walking. You know they will still fly.

Out here people are getting 20k to 25k for 1998.5 to 2002 Dodge Cummins. No joke.

Just paid 20000 for one in Coeur  D’ alene

• Staff
3 hours ago, IBMobile said:

pics and info please; year and milage also.

I think he is afraid it will get stolen.

How many of you guys years ago experienced the nightmare of having bought something only to find out that it was junk from the factory? I think many of us got burned in those days and so when Dodge dropped a Cummins engine in their truck line up it was the talk of the town and just about everyone I met in those days.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

I think he is afraid it will get stolen.

Lol! No,just busy. Bone stock, unmolested, well serviced 150000

IMG_0574.jpeg

Can’t wait to get home. Huge pile of parts I get to throw at it

• Like 2

• Owner
7 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Why?!?! I would love it, pet it and call it George. :lmao::lmao2:

It's a Cummins I would have to add it to the family. So there is the old favorite Beast. Then there is Thor. Then Minnie my lil mini van. Then I'd have to bring George to the pile. :lmao2::lmao:

• Haha 1