• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

DUALLY SIDE ID LIGHTS

HAS ANYONE HAD THE SIDE CLEARANCE/IDENTIFICATION LIGHTS, INCLUDING TAILGATE STRIP, JUST STOP WORKING?  TRIED TO DO THE RIGHT THING AND REPLACE ONE AND NOW NONE OF THEM LIGHT.  CANNOT FIND ANY REFERENCE TO A FUSED CIRCUIT FOR THE LITTLE GUYS IN THE FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL.  ALL OTHER LIGHTS WORK AS INTENDED, ROOF MARKERS, FRONT AND REAR RUNNING AND HAZARDS.

I'M AT A LOSS HERE.

@Mopar1973Man, what about the tailgate id bar lights? Can't find that on the wire maps..

@DRGABE, easy on the caps, there's no need to yell. Are you installing LED versions by chance? If so, there's a possibility that you have installed them backwards. Some LEDs are polarity sensitive and can be installed backwards causing them to not light up. Do your license plate lights still light up? 

Sorry about all caps, default setting on keypad.  I'm not changing anything from stock. One marker bulb was knocked off by brush, and I simply replaced it, now none of the four ID/clearance and the tailgate bar work. The wires and plugs all appear to be in good condition. What I can't figure out is where the circuit is broken, pretty simple blk/yl  to all the lighting from the headlight switch, with no fuse between. Everything else, including the roof clearance lights work.

The suggested test light method worked. After a few hours of cleaning ground and some deductive reasoning a factory buggered splice was found to be the cause.ba  I knew it had to be something basic.  Thanks again, for the patience and direction, and I''m learning to not yell so much :)

• 1 month later...