• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Question about 6.7L Boost, EGT, and Rail Pressure

Rogan

I just stuck gauges in my 07.5 DRW.   I noticed on flattish ground at 70mph, 6th gear (G56) I'm at 2150-2200 (3.73) RPM, 900-1100*F, and about 16-18k RP.   Boost is zero..

In my old '96, it'd carry about 6-8psi, and about 750-900F EGTs..

Is this normal for a 6.7?   No boost, and EGTs that high?  It's all stock.

Thanks.

Hey, John..

So..  UPDATE..  My OEM intake tube was all cracked and full of holes in the rubber pieces, so I bought a "cold air intake w/filter" for an interim fix. 

I threw my GoPro under the hood for S&Gs and pointed it to the air filter..   Low and behold, the filter was sucking closed rapidly..  So I ran down and grabbed a 4" inlet K&N (again, this is a temp solution, as I'm trying to source an oem intake pipe so I can reinstall the stock airbox) and swapped the filter..  the truck seemed a tad more responsive, throttle-wise.   Took it back out onto the same stretch of road I was on when I went to pick up the new filter...   

Mind you, on the way back from getting the new filter, with the old one still in place..  60mph, 0psi boost, 1100F, 15k rail..

After the filter swap, same section, 60mph, 6th gear as before..   0psi boost, 700F EGT, ~12k rail pressure.  

21SEP, as stated a few posts back, I replaced the air filter.   Injectors are new Bosch with < 2000 mi on em.  Matter of fact, the entire engine is < 2000 mi.

I was surprised, too, with the fuel economy (or lack of) that low.   I miss the days of my '96 12V 5spd getting 27mpg @ 68mph  lol

• Staff

After driving 1000 miles in mine last week the boost seems a little low, but only a couple psi at cruise. I cruise quite a bit lower on the rpm band thou. 3.42’s and an AS69RC with taller tires.

I think you should be peaking higher, but I don’t know for sure. My 18 is 385/930 and peaks around 28. 

New motor will take 10-15K miles to break in and get better mileage. What all was replaced?