• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Turbo and injectors recommedations

Hello all, Im looking for a little help,i recently acquired my truck a few months ago and its my first diesel so i dont know a lot about them but ive learned quite a bit reading the forums. I want to upgrade my turbo and injectors. What would be a good combination to achieve 400-450hp goal? Whats a good brand that that is decently priced?  I will be installing a 4 inch exhaust at the same time.  I tow a dump trailer either loaded with firewood or scrap metal at least a couple times a month. Truck is a 2001 6 speed manual . Whats been done to the truck so far as far as mods go is in my signature. 

Is smoke fairly managable with that setup? I would like to run as smoke free as possible. Thats really good MPG so is that due to the tuning on the adrenaline? I havent messed with mine much yet but i did buy a couple tunes from here. I imagine tire size and gear ratio play an important part too in getting MPG like that. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's the turbo I just installed, along with some 7x009 100hp injectors.  I will be installing my Quadzilla tomorrow and then getting with Mike to help tune it.  You don't need the optional manifold to install it, I thought I did so I got it and it actually made things more difficult that keeping the stock manifold.  

2 minutes ago, Brandon39 said:

Ive only put about 100 miles on since i got it so im not sure what mileage im getting yet but 850 miles on a tank would be nice. 

What injectors would be a good match with that 57 65 12 turbo?

100-125HP will work great with the 57 Billet.  With a programmer you can always turn it down a level.

We have 2 pallets of the Billet 57mm on order  and will receive them next week.  It is a great turbo... flows about 15% more than a K27.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Sycostang67 thats good to know and i can save some cash not buying the manifold. 

Dieselautopower, i will give you guys a call next week and get a quote on the 57billet, injectors,and i will also have to upgrade to a 4 inch exhaust to work with the turbo . Thank you for your recommendation

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I decided i wanted to end up around 500hp instead of 450hp so i got everything ordered from Diesel Auto Power yesterday.  Went with the 62 68 12 sxe turbo,175 hp injectors,4 inch exhaust with muffler,arp headstuds and an exhaust brake by pac brake. I had a very good experience with the guys at DAP and wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again. Very satisfied. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/22/2021 at 11:56 PM, Brandon39 said:

I decided i wanted to end up around 500hp instead of 450hp so i got everything ordered from Diesel Auto Power yesterday.  Went with the 62 68 12 sxe turbo,175 hp injectors,4 inch exhaust with muffler,arp headstuds and an exhaust brake by pac brake. I had a very good experience with the guys at DAP and wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again. Very satisfied. 

Thank you for the compliment about our team and thank you for your business.

• Like 1