• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Have we met before? :P

ICU_24VNUT

Hello all long time reader of many Forums for Years.  Got 2 vp trucks and a commonrail so far. plan to get another vp truck maybe by Christmas? 

Probably gunna do those build threads eventually just want the goods 1st.

both nv4500 4wd and 48re crew cab 4wd all long bed

20210520_173104_compress22.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks in advance for any future help / help in the past else where XD 

BTW i love the fact that now a days your getting 28mpg with a quad, before my 1st truck got hit( silver 2000 on left)  and i just started messing around i got 23 mpg 3.54 dually unloaded before fine tuning... but CF called me out FOR BS so that was enough for me XD 

I love MADE IN USA NO BBI here Just DDP 

• Owner

Yeah when your clearing 250 miles on a just a quarter tank or 425 at a half tank is pretty impressive. My last high mark was done on Edge Comp and +50 HP injectors at 27.2 MPG. The ultimate record is catching the 1997 Dodge 3500 on Diesel Power Magazine that cleared 30 MPG. It can be done it just takes skill driving and know what it likes. For example I've got Jake here and he off and on borrows Thor to drive when his Ford is down. I (myself) can reach 20 to 21 MPG on the over head which hand math turns about 17 to 18 MPG. When Jake borrows the truck he hes get like 17 MPG on the over head but this is actually 14 MPG. This 15% error is from the +50 HP injectors in Thor give this error amount. 

On the 2002 Dodge I did pop the injectors high at 320 bar. This improved the spray and make the droplets smaller. Being the pop pressure is high it makes the injector slightly late. So on the Quadzilla I had to add a bit more timing to make up. 

425 miles on just a half tank. Just doing rough math here in this photo.  425 / 17.5 = 24.28 MPG.

20210910_175902.jpg

Screenshot_20210814-140758.jpg

On 10/4/2021 at 7:58 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

24.28 MPG

I don't do much better than that with my 2018 ecodiesel in my normal driving. 24.5 is about normal for me, but strangely haven't had any long highway trips in several months - the major reason I bought the truck!