06 crew dually build thread

So far I plan to get DOR front end, fox stabilizer, redhead steering box. & I need a 48re before to long so I might try for 1 next. Going with a PDD 48re I plan to get a minimum of the 850 trans for billet in & out. And refresh the transfer while in there & new lines/cooler. 

Edited by ICU_24VNUT

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

The only reason for a DOR front end is because running over sized tire be aware that oversized tire will alter the finally ratio and might create other issues. As for the transmission I would talk to @Dynamic for transmission upgrades he's a pro at handling 46RE, 47Re and 48RE transmissions. Like my 2006 Dodge I've got to pull the 2 inch leveling kit out to correct the suspension.  Thor is my 2006 Dodge 3500 but single rear wheel.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

No worries there, getting one of these, & new nvg 273 https://powerdrivendiesel.com/product/power-driven-hot-streetstrip-800-rwhp/

Probably also gunna do that output mod. Eventually. 

Really want a full manual valve body, auto just does what it wants unfortunately. 

Will also get new lines & cooler for new trans @ exact same time. Dont want no problems. 

• 3 weeks later...

alright so im saving up for a built 48re from pdd but i also plan on getting a engine rebuild kit, & some wagler street fighter, 625's & mains , loaded head, etc,  all new gaskets seals pumps hoses etc.  rebuild the 3rd gen then go threw 99 then get something else XD rinse wash repeat right? 

I'm at 184.5k on the trans and its always in an out of gears, binding up etc. Could adjust the bands but by around Christmas I can at least get a 550hp trans. Dpc triple disc, billet input, full rebuild. 

Plan to drive over & have it put in.

Edited by ICU_24VNUT
Everyone likes to talk?(;