• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

06 crew dually build thread

ICU_24VNUT

• 3 weeks later...
  • Owner

The only reason for a DOR front end is because running over sized tire be aware that oversized tire will alter the finally ratio and might create other issues. As for the transmission I would talk to @Dynamic for transmission upgrades he's a pro at handling 46RE, 47Re and 48RE transmissions. Like my 2006 Dodge I've got to pull the 2 inch leveling kit out to correct the suspension.  Thor is my 2006 Dodge 3500 but single rear wheel.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Not really. The anemic feeling is due to the 49 cubic inch difference in displacement. 5.9 is a 359ci, 6.7 is a 408ci.

Closest would be a 6.7 crank in a 5.9. i think it comes out to like a 6.4l. (or that's the destroked 6.7s.. 6.7 bore with 5.9 crank) High performance 6.7 guys will either destroke the 6.7 with a 5.9 crank or they will add a 1 inch deck plate to the block because of the rod ratios. (rod length/stroke) Best is 1.7 and above. 6.7 is around a 1.45 ish.. Short version is it (low rod ratio) puts a lot of side thrust on the piston and can cause wear on the piston skirts. 

Anyway, the head should swap with no issue except for one or two coolant ports and you need special connector tubes. Just remembered we are in the 3rd gen section.. still not sure on the coolant port but everything else should bolt right in.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...