• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Radiator leak

• Staff
2 hours ago, wil440 said:

but an ASTRO VAN???

Why not, people here in the states, collect and drive the British Hilman vans.   There not cool like a V12 XKE or a Jenson-Healey but as we say in the car biz "there's an a$$ for every seat".

My work vehicle is a 1990 Astro van EXT van, 4.3L, auto and has over 350K miles on it.  Since the van is all most 32 years old, I'm driving a classic. :cool:

Edited by IBMobile
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Owner
1 hour ago, IBMobile said:

My work vehicle is a 1990 Astro van EXT van, 4.3L, auto and has over 350K miles on it.

Here soon I'll have a Dodge Caravan for a get around vehicle once I get some work done on that vehicle. Hey I can't complain when I'm sitting on a vehicle I paid nothing for and have a title for as well. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IBMobile said:

Why not, people here in the states, collect and drive the British Hilman vans.   There not cool like a V12 XKE or a Jenson-Healey

Now parts for those would make my radiator look easy although there's going to be owners clubs/forums to point people in the right direction just like this one

8 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Here soon I'll have a Dodge Caravan for a get around vehicle once I get some work done on that vehicle. Hey I can't complain when I'm sitting on a vehicle I paid nothing for and have a title for as well. 

Paid nowt and a title is a result, funny how the stuff like that here that was made in R/H/Drive is also pretty cheap, 300c 5.7 wouldn't be a lot of money here for a good one, Dodge Nitro, etc

• Like 1

Ordered from Ebay.com says arrival between 23rd Dec and 5th Jan using ebays Global Shipping Program which is usually pretty fast but this time of year maybe not so  we'll see.

Saved enough on cancelling the mishimoto I might just fire a set of injectors in it, they will be original at 170k miles so about due :)  load figure on the quad is around 3 to 4 hot

• 2 weeks later...

Well you just couldn't dream this up, got the message below from the ebay seller this morning

New message from: radsus (21,868)

Thank you for your order. The backer plate for the radiator is to short and wont mount properly. The manufacturer is aware and has recalled item. The corrected/enhanced item will be available apprx 1/19/2022. We apologize for inconvience and have issued a full refund. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
Cordially,
Dean McHale

I sent a message back informing him I am a mechanic of over 40 years and that could he explain WTF a "backer plate" is in relation to a radiator, ebay lists him as in USA but the wording makes me doubt that.

Quite a lot of bad FB which I didn't check as I was in a rush...... my fault doh !

We have just had an interest rate rise so when the refund hits my account I'm hoping the £ is stronger to the $ might mean I get back more than it cost, we'll see 

Luckily my rad is still only leaking when cold and running, doesn't leak cold standing and doesn't leak when warm, this rad was supposed to arrive between today and 5th Jan

Rockauto here I come which I should have done from day 1

• Owner
6 hours ago, wil440 said:

got the message below from the ebay seller this morning

That is the first mistake. I will never buy from eBay. eBay I've seen a lot of shady things happen and products don't show or ship. Products are damaged or used when they are suppose to be new. I dealt with this for a few years working with Smarty Resource. When vendors buy product and have to resort to selling on eBay its because typically the vendor is cheating either price or something why can't he sell from his own web page or internal store?

41 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

That is the first mistake. I will never buy from eBay. eBay I've seen a lot of shady things happen and products don't show or ship. Products are damaged or used when they are suppose to be new. I dealt with this for a few years working with Smarty Resource. When vendors buy product and have to resort to selling on eBay its because typically the vendor is cheating either price or something why can't he sell from his own web page or internal store?

To be fair I buy a lot off of Ebay and never usually have a problem but most if not all of what I buy is in the UK, sellers here must be better as it's next to no cost to return items maybe £4, In fact just recently I bought a Peugeot Boxer (3500kg tipper) drivers door window switch, arrived wrong, my fault not the seller, he send a prepaid return postage label and refunded 100%.

Also I recently had my yearly statement for sales and I'm at over £5k for the year and 100% FB, dead easy to reach the whole of the UK and beyond, I just last week sold a 03 5.9 gas engine ECM to a company in Poland, I sell a lot of Cat stuff to Dubai never a problem.

No one here would advertise stuff for sale without it actually being on stock...... drop ship not done here much as yet thank god

Luckily the exchange rate was just about in my favour, I lost £ 0.08p, ordered from Rock with new hoses, clamps and rad cap

14 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

A "backer plate" for a radiator is found in the same area of the parts bin with the engine "throssell rods" and "muffler bearings".  They are also sold on Ebay.

Sold exclusively by Flybynights and Delboy Trotter, and if you guys don't know who Delboy Trotter is I suggest a google session, 64 episodes of pure English humour, only rivalled by Fawlty Towers

9 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

I only had one time item from ebay didn't show and it was a boost fooler from china, few other times I had an in last 20 years were resolved quickly. I always look at feed back before buying and location.

My Wife has had a few bad experiences on Ebay through buying from china, luckily she doesn't use my Ebay account she has here own, she bought a pair of vary focal glasses where there was 2 sets of lenses a bit like binoculars with adjusters on each side, in theory a good idea, best not to have made the plastic lenses out of barely melted soda bottle plastic, it was like looking through Medieval glass and another time she bought what was supposed to be a robot bear, turns out just a stuffed toy, oh and solar garden water fountains, these arrived and were 3" tall with a small solar panel glued onto the top no pump, no wiring nowhere to put water, these are still on our patio in plain view as a reminder NOT to buy anything MIC if possible. 

Thing is she still doesn't learn as I'll bet a £ to a pinch of ##it all xmas toys she has bought the grandkids are MIC  :cookoo: 

5 hours ago, pepsi71ocean said:

my radiator started leaking on the drivers side at the crimp too.  ordered i from Zimmeys diesel hopefully it lasts as well

My hoses and new clamps arrived from Rock before xmas think the rad is due tomorrow but myself and my wife have gone and tested pos for covid now, not severe at the moment and triple jabbed anyway  

• Sad 1

On 12/28/2021 at 2:32 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

That sucks. I would get some zinc and a few other vitamins and start treating it now. 

Both me and my wife are triple jabbed, wife is worse than be by a long way and this is her 2nd time she's had it, the 1st time she got it I didn't and this time I feel like crap but still working outside whereas she is flat out in the chair 

My radiator arrived today from Rockauto and believe it or not it is bent, box was not damaged so I'm sure it was made like that and I haven't yet checked whether it's just the top/bottom plates, hopefully it won't leak

• Owner
8 minutes ago, wil440 said:

Both me and my wife are triple jabbed, wife is worse than be by a long way and this is her 2nd time she's had it, the 1st time she got it I didn't and this time I feel like crap but still working outside whereas she is flat out in the chair

So even having once doesn't guarantee your immune to the virus. Then on top you both got 3 rounds of the vaccines that shows it doesn't work at all. 

9 minutes ago, wil440 said:

My radiator arrived today from Rockauto and believe it or not it is bent, box was not damaged so I'm sure it was made like that and I haven't yet checked whether it's just the top/bottom plates, hopefully it won't leak

Taken quite awhile getting there but at least you have your radiator and it is undamaged. 

12 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

So even having once doesn't guarantee your immune to the virus. Then on top you both got 3 rounds of the vaccines that shows it doesn't work at all. 

Taken quite awhile getting there but at least you have your radiator and it is undamaged. 

No... you need to spread a little thought on it, I have had 2 astrazenica and 1 Pfizer booster, we are doing that here to get as much immunity as possible as in mixing vacs

My wife has has 3 pfizer jabs, not sure why she didn't get a mix, she had it mildly in the summer, I didn't show any symptoms at this point at all although I cannot see how I wasn't exposed to it, this time I'm not right but still able to work (not outside of my property boundaries as I have a lot of jobs to do on vehicles for others so not mixing with people)

I look at it differently, you say the vac doesn't work I say I'm not dead so it must work

90% of the people in our hospitals either have had no vaccines at all or haven't had their 3rd booster and I'll bet we're at 200k cases a day in the UK easy if not double that, we cannot get lateral flow tests or PCR tests as the UK has run out due to demand, while this new strain Omicron (sounds like a damn transformer) has lesser symptoms the amount of people getting it means our hospitals in 2 weeks or so will be in trouble and not necessarily from patients or deaths but just from heathcare people off sick 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2021 at 10:46 AM, wil440 said:

No... you need to spread a little thought on it, I have had 2 astrazenica and 1 Pfizer booster, we are doing that here to get as much immunity as possible as in mixing vacs

My wife has has 3 pfizer jabs, not sure why she didn't get a mix, she had it mildly in the summer, I didn't show any symptoms at this point at all although I cannot see how I wasn't exposed to it, this time I'm not right but still able to work (not outside of my property boundaries as I have a lot of jobs to do on vehicles for others so not mixing with people)

I look at it differently, you say the vac doesn't work I say I'm not dead so it must work

90% of the people in our hospitals either have had no vaccines at all or haven't had their 3rd booster and I'll bet we're at 200k cases a day in the UK easy if not double that, we cannot get lateral flow tests or PCR tests as the UK has run out due to demand, while this new strain Omicron (sounds like a damn transformer) has lesser symptoms the amount of people getting it means our hospitals in 2 weeks or so will be in trouble and not necessarily from patients or deaths but just from heathcare people off sick 

Myself, the girlfriend, her three kids and her oldest daughters boyfriend are not vaccinated. We all had covid in October, her parents, her ex husband, his new wife and their two kids, also had covid with us. He run a restaurant that had to be shut down, and of the 6 employees 4 were positive.

Out of the 6 of us living in the same house, 1 was asymptomatic, and I went into the hospital. we were vaccinated.

On that side of the fence, 1 was asymptomatic, 2 were negative, 9 were vaccinated and 4 were hospitalized.

I don't think the vaccine works, I really think that the antibody cocktail (which i was given) is actually way more effective then the vaccine.

My dad is a doctor and they give covid positive patients in Florida dexamethsone and then the REGEN antibody cocktail, withing 24 hours of positive test (or arrival with symptoms, and that combination is 95% successful at stopping the virus, when given 5 day after exposure however its only 25% effective.

Of course our idiot democratic govenor says they won't let you get REGEN until your admitted and that after 72 hours. Allot of the doctors here in Jersey aren't happy about that.