• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Expensive mistake

I took the truck to work today as I wanted to swing by Harbor freight and get a small crane for the back of my truck.  On my way home I managed to smash my passenger side mirror into the driver side mirror of a 2017 F-350.  Thankfully the guy was super cool about the whole thing and agreed to let me just buy a new mirror and install it for him.  I went through 1Aauto and found his mirror for $400, for comparison the dealer wanted $1800.  Unfortunately for me I have the fancy power folding 4th gen style mirrors that you have to buy in pairs for $500. :cry:  I was hoping maybe I could just replace the glass as the body is still intact but I can see one of the gears has a flat spot now.  If anyone needs a new driver side 4th gen style power folding mirror, I'll have one to sell soon.  :lol:

• Sad 3

Upon closer inspection I noticed there is a small hole in the front and the marker light had been knocked loose.  I bought some of that flexible mirror material to put in the housing until the new mirrors arrive next week.  Hopefully I will be able to see something with it.  I'm actually impressed with how the body held up, I was doing about 40mph when the mirrors made contact and it's still solid.  If the gears hadn't stripped I probably would have just looked for some new glass.   

busted mirror 1.jpg

busted mirror 2.jpg

On 10/15/2021 at 5:37 PM, Sycostang67 said:

I took the truck to work today as I wanted to swing by Harbor freight and get a small crane for the back of my truck.  On my way home I managed to smash my passenger side mirror into the driver side mirror of a 2017 F-350.  Thankfully the guy was super cool about the whole thing and agreed to let me just buy a new mirror and install it for him.  I went through 1Aauto and found his mirror for $400, for comparison the dealer wanted $1800.  Unfortunately for me I have the fancy power folding 4th gen style mirrors that you have to buy in pairs for $500. :cry:  I was hoping maybe I could just replace the glass as the body is still intact but I can see one of the gears has a flat spot now.  If anyone needs a new driver side 4th gen style power folding mirror, I'll have one to sell soon.  :lol:

Damn!!

One question though. I just now learned we can throw these 4th gen mirrors on our second gens. Do they bolt right up? How do you control the folding of the mirror via switch? I did a search and didn't see anything on this. Can you throw some details my way please?

20 hours ago, digidoggie18 said:

Damn!!

One question though. I just now learned we can throw these 4th gen mirrors on our second gens. Do they bolt right up? How do you control the folding of the mirror via switch? I did a search and didn't see anything on this. Can you throw some details my way please?

As far as I know a stock 4th gen mirror won't just bolt up to our trucks.  The mirrors I am using are an aftermarket deal from 1Aauto that uses the 2nd gen mounting pattern with a 4th gen mirror head.  I previously had the power/heated versions but then they came out with the power/heated/power folding with the marker light that I just had to have.  The power mirrors and heat will plug right in if you already have the option on your truck, the power folding and marker lights have to be wired in.  I really enjoy the power folding feature when moving my trailers through my fence and I get a little to close to one side.   

Got the mirrors today, replacing the F-350 mirror was a snap.  You pop off a little cover opposite the mirror that gives you access to all the bolts, no need to remove the entire door panel.  I had it done in about 15 minutes, dude even gave me a nice hat from his crane business.  I'm really glad he was so cool about the whole situation.  Since I had to remove my door panel, I decided to replace my front speakers as well.  Now I can start driving my truck and playing with the quad.  

• Like 3