• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Flaggers

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

I've got a complaint I've got to get off my chest. Out working for my crew in McCall - Donnelly. I was head back to town for bits and piece from NAPA. Since the main highway 55 is under construction (repaving) it easier to take the back roads. So I'm nearly back to McCall and Idaho power is doing some power line work. Yes the typical sign out for road work, flagger, etc. But as I was looking up the hill with setting sun wink through the trees. There was no one I can see on the pavement. No cones ore any sign anyone was there. No crew truck nothing. So I'm already gearing down to be cautious but apparently this gal was tuck right along the road edge near the trees but not on the road face being visible. So yeah I proceeded along slowly looking for a flagger in the road. Of course on my way back she cussing me out. As I went by. 

Second time I was rolling up to area where construction on the main highway and the flagger was standing by here pick up in the ditch. Not visible. I just about rolled on by past here too locking up my brakes. Stupid flaggers I'm getting tired of such lazy BS. This does mean you get to tuck in the shade of the trees or standoff the shoulder of the highway where no one is looking. Get your butt on the road face. Not over by your pickup talking to a friend or texting on your phone. Hanging out in the shade of the trees. Put cones out to show your there. Something don't keep us all guessing where your hiding.

Another trip in to town there repaving a small chunk of side road near Lake Fork. There was no flagger on my side but had a flagger on the other end. What are you guys thinking? 

I've worked doing flagging for highway accidents. All this stuff is absolutely stupid. BE VISIBLE! Like a good friend told me a flagger in the shadows is a dead flagger!

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

• Owner

Yup. I spent two days call different agencies to report this. I found that there is hundreds of complaints about flagger screw ups. This information can from the New Meadows ITD office.

She could of had cones out to show her location. Could of stood out in the lane. You got to remember everything is gold and yellow out here so yellow vest against a yellow / gold background along the highway makes it tougher. Then late afternoon sun in the eyes driving west. Yup all against me.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Staff

Here they typically have cones across the lane and the flagger behind them. Very visible.

They have also been using more of these portable traffic light setups for things that will be down to one lane on say a 2 lane state route and have to be one lane 24 hours. That way there is traffic control all hours but unmanned.

• Owner

Here is my latest I just seen 2 days ago. Waiting to pass through a construction zone. I finally get to the flagger and he's got the paddle in front of his face. Which seems odd. After I past him and look back in the mirror he was texting on his phone not even aware of the traffic. Really a lot of stupid people.