• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Anyone seen any new 2022 Dodge Cummins trucks yet ?

Turbo Terry

On the lot.  In parking lots driving.  Anything ?

4100 mile 3 week road trip is over.  Fly home tomorrow out of sea tac back to Alaska.   Maybe a new truck by next weekend.  One low tire and some California state park  officer  with big old glock hanging on his hip complained that I was in a handicap spot and my blue tag was not hanging on the mirror but laying on the dash.  Several near misses of courd

Course.  $ 5.75 a gallon was the most I paid for gas on the cali coast.  

• Staff

I filled up yesterday in a genoa ohio for $3.39/gal. 

I haul dodge cars/trucks along with jeep wranglers and gladiators. I haven't seen any 2022's yet but I'll keep an eye out. 

Dodge/chrysler/jeep has shifted the freight around which changed alot of things on our side for hauling purposes so I may not be seeing the trucks come into toledo much longer. May even be looking at layoffs again. Ugh.

$3.59 was my most recent fill up. Paid $3.85 for a splash prior to.

Biggest issue I come across is we have the $85/90/100 limit at most gas stations here. Nothing like paying 85 dollars then re-swiping for 6 bucks more in fuel..  :mad:  

Haven't seen 2022s yet but I think its the same body style (4.5/5th gen).  

On 10/25/2021 at 12:13 PM, Doubletrouble said:

May even be looking at layoffs again. Ugh.

Fingers crossed it doesn't happen..

Edited by Silverwolf2691

So Oregon and I guesss New Jersey you can’t fill your own tank.  Attendant has to do it.  A law.  They don’t want you to slip and fall in the rain I’m told. Fine by me

Will call dealer Saturday or Monday.   New truck is supposed to be here now but who knows 

Have not seen much of any trucks, but for sure see more trucks then formal Jeeps. Think they just got a handful like 5 and that was that l way for a long time.

Local dealer has a quite a few HD RAMS, mostly C&C actually then anything else. Oddly enough as they don't usually have any. 

I'm in NJ and yeah can't pump your own but Diesel is only $3.59 right now, so nothing close to CA pricing.

Most of the places don't care if you pump Diesel for the small trucks, large trucks TT they mostly pump their own.

Called salesman at dealer this morning . He has a vin number for truck. Had a hard time finding info in the system (computer). Says November 8 th arrival  now not tomorrow as told earlier    Also has no price yet. Pretty scared times . Nobody knows anything. I’m in no rush but the price might scare me away. Who knows?Time will tell.  Your thoughts please 

The dealer a 1/2 mile from me has a 22’ Big Horn crew (2500) on the lot for 68K and it looks like they’ve got 5 others ordered and not delivered yet, but the price on the limited is 87K.  In Tennessee. 

Edited by Andyba20

• Owner

Me personally I would never bother to buy anything new in the current times. Prices are high as heck. Just the monthly payment will be like a house loan. It was bad enough back in 2002 when I bought my truck new for $32k or so. I had a fairly large monthly payment. Today I would buy a used truck that was in fair condition and rebuild what I would have to and keep going. Like Thor (2006 Dodge) its purchase as a abandon vehicle and I've been repairing as needed and using for my shop truck. 

• Like 2

Wish I could still work on my old 1999 but my second knee surgery made getting up and down off a creeper a never to happen again event   Plus at almost 72 I have to take money out of my 401 k now  so I might as well buy a new truck and let dodge take care of it for me. Getting old sucks but beats the alternative.  Plus you can’t take anything with you when it’s over right?   Also it will help the economy 

The crazy thing is 68K doesn’t seem as bad when you compare it to some of the used truck prices on the same lot. They have a 2016 longhorn with 47,000 miles for 65K.    All I know is when the bottom finally falls out of the superficial economy we’re living in, I will go to sleep well at night knowing I didn’t contribute to the insanity with my vote or reckless spending. Luckily for the unwise, the banks won’t have the resources to repossess all of the no money down houses, boats, rv’s, and vehicles sold over the past few years. My “close minded” WW2 grandads look smarter and smarter every year. 

Snow in the mountains. About 2500 feet and up. 2 -3 inches in the bottom of the bowl but warm rain and it’s gone. Balmy for early November for sure

Door was unlocked but lots of stuff behind the seat so I didn’t go in or lift the hood etc. I like the interior look.  It a pretty nice looking outfit.  Looks like a strong truck.  And my wife likes it time will tell I guess. More later. 

• Like 1