• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Well it finally happened! QUADZILLLLLA

Well after working through several issues as yall know I was finally able to get myself a quadzilla adrenaline. I got it installed this afternoon and have it on default settings it came with and just kept  bumping it up just messing around only made it to 7 till I got home, kinda scary... and no smoke-kinda expected alot since these huge injectors...?

I guess, who can help me paid or unpaid 😁 get something setup for everything in my sig but note the pump may or may NOT be a dragonflow, this is still a mystery. 

Now to go try and school myself on how to get things setup, power levels, different profiles etc... so much to do!

• Owner

Exactly the right way to do it. Work with a copy of the tune to make things better. But you biggest problem with final gear in a auto is 0.68 vs my manual 0.75. Then your 35s are making it run too low in RPM at 65. Closer you get to 2k RPMs at 60 to 70 MPH now a lot of the EGTs will drop away. Once you get your test tires on even my original tune will work much better. 

The more videos and reading I do here, I keep feeling more and more over my head :surrender:

It's definitely alot to take in. OCD & ADD is definitely not a good combo with this :lmao:

Where do I start with pump unknowns and injectors? Follow the same guidlines in the tuning article here?? With each tune you make what's each power level within that tune? 

I'm just running on stock tunes and it helps alot but definitely not what it should be. Timing is off for sure due to obvious signs and fuel seems low, and since I have low gearing :mad: most of my driving is in higher rpms which sucks and stock stuff comes in really early. 

I'd like prolly the most common 3 tunes to start with. Daily, Race, Tow.

Or just do what I did....... find a tune on here that kinda fits, mine was easy...... bone stock AFAIK runs great, I just don't have the time to mess with my quad, pay someone else a few $$ and download one

When I retire I might find the time then again I probably won't

Yea I know some of what yall are talking about but some not so much lol. Still trying to wrap my brain around this, prolly will take a long while.... prolly would be easier if it was face to face going through all of it ya know...

In another note has anyone ran the temp sensor that comes with it to a manual trans instead of an auto? I have fast coolers so I have a port available. 

Going also attempt to add a second Pyro in the manifold for the quad also. 

• Owner
3 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Yea I know some of what yall are talking about but some not so much lol. Still trying to wrap my brain around this, prolly will take a long while.... prolly would be easier if it was face to face going through all of it ya know...

Call me I just got done helping another gent tweak my economy tune. His case hes following my design but had a Alison Trans so it adding a bit of weirdness being the final ratio is quite a bit taller. 

5 minutes ago, Stanley said:

In another note has anyone ran the temp sensor that comes with it to a manual trans instead of an auto?

I used the trans temp sensor for the engine oil for tuning reasons. I've got a standalone gauge for my manual trans. The only problem with FASS coolers the sensor placement make it seem cooler but the actual gear temp is higher. Being the sensor is so far away from the gears. With mine in the driver side PTO cover and near the PTO gear it much more accurate temp. 

49 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Call me I just got done helping another gent tweak my economy tune.

I'll prolly have to do that...

50 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I used the trans temp sensor for the engine oil for tuning reasons. I've got a standalone gauge for my manual trans. The only problem with FASS coolers the sensor placement make it seem cooler but the actual gear temp is higher. Being the sensor is so far away from the gears. With mine in the driver side PTO cover and near the PTO gear it much more accurate temp.

That makes sense. No go on the cool side lol... I might as well use it for my oil since I have it all and get a Trans temp setup down the road. 

I'm about to drill into the manifold for that other sensor, grease and a vacuum...

• Owner
18 hours ago, Stanley said:

I'm about to drill into the manifold for that other sensor, grease and a vacuum...

I've got my drill bit and tap ziptied together for doing the EGT probes. 

18 hours ago, Stanley said:

No go on the cool side lol... I might as well use it for my oil since I have it all and get a Trans temp setup down the road.

That's the other thing I learned I know AH64ID was saying my original idea of having the probe at the top in the fill plug wasn't accurate but when I opened the fill plug and reached in with a long probe digital thermometer I found it the most heat near the gears. So this why coolers appear to be cooling because the sensor is the farthest away from the heat source and being the FASS cooler head will cool rapidly it will show much cooler vs near the gears. Kind of like measure bath tub water at the far end of the tub it will be much cooler too.

Typically I'm 160F or less for trans temps through the year. The only time I see high trans temps is slow travel up grades or down grades. There is not enough wind to cool. The other help is heat shield the exhaust pipe and that could drop 20 to 30 degrees not having the exhaust heat radiating towards the passenger side of the transmission.

So the power levels... so you make your tune how you want it then the levels in that tune ex. 0-11 etc that basically 0-stock, 1-valet then just progressively adds everything (timing/fuel) to the max of what your/that specific tune is??

Do I set it to zero on default for just stock/nothing then data log (I guess it does it automatically or continuously) to see what timing I'm running before adding? Maybe that might clue on what pump I have??

• Owner

0. Stock ECM

1. Valet mode

2. Stock fuel with timing

3. CANBus Fuel and timing

4 and up splits up the wire tap levels.

Like I'm set for 7 levels

Amount of wire tap.

4. 25%

5. 50%

6. 75%

7. 100%

Data logging can occur on any level. No clues for pumps being it only shows what the ECM is commanding not what the actual timing is. Even when my last VP44 failed it showed normal timing even though the timing was stuck full advanced and P0216 code.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

On 10/30/2021 at 2:32 PM, Stanley said:

In another note has anyone ran the temp sensor that comes with it to a manual trans instead of an auto? I have fast coolers so I have a port available. 

I've been for a while now. I drilled and tapped another hole in fast cooler in the middle rear so it always in oil and out of the way. Works good.

Well here's what I have right now. Still re-reading everything and trying to make something work. You really have to work for this programmer lol... 

I feel like I don't have enough fuel, truck doesn't really smoke that much at all which is good but I'd like to have more fuel and smoke to start then dail it back to perfection. All these settings still just leave me mind boggled...

Be gentle this is my first one and I have no friggin clue what to really do haha

20211102_144632.jpg

By the way it doesn't run good at all. Lol

I've tried a few different things but nothing works on this one or the other one I sorta threw together. 

I guess I knew before I bought it,, but kinda disheartening buying something and not knowing how to use it or "build it" or even getting to use it really. 

23 minutes ago, Threadzy said:

Post your tune. If there is little to no smoke add 1 across the canbus fueling until takeoff  and smoke is acceptable.  

It should be a picture above with what I set it to... I just have  a fear of the timing being way off