• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New Injector Issues

Hello,

I recently installed brand new DAP 150HP Performance Injectors. I went from 50HP to 150HP. After installing them the truck started up fine. I let it sit for a bit and wanted to go test drive it and once I put it in Drive the truck acted like it was going to stall out. I drove it and it drove fine however the truck is lopey and if I click the gas slightly and let off quickly the truck will actually stall out. My truck is a 24v Automatic. The Truck Produces 0 Smoke. I hooked up the Quadzilla Adrealine and Still the same Lopey and Stalling Issue but Drives good. It is wire tapped. I put many tunes on the truck and still 0 smoke. I'm thinking its my VP44 that is going out or my Airdog not pushing enough PSI but I don't have a Fuel Pressure Gadge. 

Exact Injectors I bought : https://www.dieselautopower.com/diesel-auto-power-150hp-aftermarket-performance-injectors-7x0-010-sac-vp7x10sac150a

• Owner

Should of done VCO nozzles. I had the same issue with stalling on my first set of SAC tips. Then changed to VCO and stalling problem was gone. The other thing I did was not opt for default pop pressure but went up to 320 bar. Way cleaner burn less smoke. Then now coupled with 30 inch tires with a final ratio at 3.69:1 and my economy tune now I'm hitting a high mark of 28 MPG. Typically get 350 to 400 miles on a half tank.

Is their a reason why their is 0 smoke no matter what fueling or custom tune I put my truck on? I know no smoke is best and has crazy power but its just odd no matter what fuel setting or any tune I can't do a little puff puff.

Yea sounds like mine lol... I have more to associate with the lope and stall but I'd check your codes on the key flip/ obd2 and see what you got. Most DEFINITELY check you fuel pressure since you don't have one. Could have smoked the vp44 after your injector install - demanding/using more fuel while your fuel pump isn't producing. 

What temperature are you dealing with? Is it cold outside? Mt truck I'm running 100's and it will stall out when its cold out on the first start up if i don't get it into gear and idle it for a moment. but it runs fine after that.

Just before I rebuilt my ECM it was acting like yours, and had some loping, random struggling, where it would almost stall out. Stuff like that.