• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2WD Napa Ball Joints

2 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

I've had pretty good luck with anything from napa. I try to avoid AUtozone, advance and stores like that anymore. Seems they get alot if cheap China parts that don't last. Just my experience. 

I agree with this wholeheartedly. While alot of stuff from NAPA may be made elsewhere, their quality standards seem to be higher.

• Like 1

my only option is Rockauto usually, always a good price and a lot of choice  (add in the shipping duty and vat to get to me then ouch)  never had a single problem other than me ordering wrong which Is not a problem other than time as I just sell on anyway, I usually plan my parts ordering so it's here way before I need it to be.

I can get engine stuff off the shelf here without going to the American vehicle parts suppliers (read rip off merchants) and also propshaft U/J's but that's about it

Rock all the way and they do dealer closeouts too, I recently got brake lines, ball joints, rear brake shoes, and a good pile of other stuff not all for my truck for peanuts

Edited by wil440

At my work we just dropped Moog and went all in on Precision.  None of it is made in the same place though, even our house brand, the parts come from all over the world.  Some of them are made in the US, but mostly scattered about the globe.  China, Taiwan, Turkey, Mexico, Finland, Germany to recall a few I remember.  

Just keep in mind NAPA doesn't make very much; they own Echlin last I checked, so electrical parts/sensors may be all they make. [Edit: it would seem I "misremembered" and neither owns the other: 

https://www.encyclopedia.com/social-sciences-and-law/economics-business-and-labor/businesses-and-occupations/echlin-inc]

I swear the AC Delco track bar I bought from RockAuto was the same as the better NAPA unit based on "sales photo", specs, etc. Like their rebranded WIX filters.

Edited by LorenS

• Owner

Kind of like Mopar oil filters are rebranded Fram filters for most Mopar gas cars.

image.png

Then like rebranded BLK gaskets sold as Cummins OEM. Or better yet the rebranded Mr.Gasket / Holley Thermostat sold as Cummins OEM

Yeah I know, nothing is what you think it is...

Edited by Mopar1973Man