• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Studs going to brake failure

• Owner

Well I've got to tell a tale of what has happened to Thor. Back during the summer I had drove through a open field and managed to gather up a roll of barbed wire around the axle. Then when I went in for new tires the gorilla lugs I had on the 18 wheels well they managed to break off two studs on each side of the rear axle. Now getting around to the actually repair of the damages... :rolleyes:

So started on the passenger side and pulled the tire off and found the caliper slide bolt was bent from the barbed wire event. This in turn now wiped out the inner brake pad and then ate the inside face of the rotor. Ok stop and order new brakes and rotor for the passenger side. Parts come a few days later. Now finish up the passenger side and then move to the driver side. Find out that 2 more of the lugs galled up and required the studs to be cut off or broke. Now that required 2 more studs to be ordered and then find out the caliper frame is stripped out and so was one bolt. Great order more parts. Finally get that all together and back to sitting on the ground. This 2006 has been nothing short of a huge money pit. :spend:

• Staff

Look at it this way... at least it's real and don't lock you inside. And when it's running you can tell if there's a problem just going by the way she sounds. plus you won't need 5 fire depts.   if she ever wrecks. Whatever anyone else can to say for keeping it.