• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Another radiator leak thread, this the season

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

So I sent the first radiator back to the vendor, received my full refund. Then ordered from DAP. Unfortunately the one I received from them was damaged during shipping I assume. The box had NO staples on one side, they had been removed and tape applied to close the box.

Then after removing the radiator from the box I found that the top of the core was bent! I contacted DAP and they in turn contacted their supplier. This is what I was told via text message:

They are submitting a claim with the shipping company and they will probably be swinging by to pick it up. If they do they will send out a replacement to you as well. Thanks

I'm not sure how to take that. I don't like the word "IF" in the action being taken. I shall see what happens. 

Let me be clear, I do not blame DAP for this, it was clearly mishandled by the shipping company. I just hope I receive a good replacement some what quickly. I have been trying to get a replacement now for a while with issue after issue it seems. 

Just for kicks, see the pics below.

20220112_152408.jpg

20220112_152353.jpg

20220112_152421.jpg

20220112_152756.jpg

• Like 1

I think these vendors are getting a little too comfortable pushing these shipping issues off on the suppliers/shipping companies. You paid them for a product they sell, they need to make sure it arrives in tact and on time and if it doesn’t then they need to take ownership of a resolution. It’s part of a running a good business. You don’t have visibility into their ordering systems or a direct line/email with their shipping company representatives. They need to own it, with regular follow ups until resolved. Everybody life is a little harder right now, so they gotta double down on integrity and do what’s right instead of making their problem my problem. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well I just had an order/shipping issue with the same vendor and it took 4 phones calls, 2 emails, and 5 weeks. They weren’t proactive at all. Makes me hesitant to order the injectors and tuner I’d planned on ordering next month. And I can already hear the mumbling “it won’t be any better anywhere else”.

• Staff

Do you guys think these problems are due in part because of the new generation?

I'm inclined to pay more and drive to the location to get parts. Unbox it right over the counter and make them responsible to get another if damaged. I think this way because an actual store would have more clout to cause the supplier to get it right. Do you notice too, that many younger generation folks don't fully pronounce words and syllables? Kind of like a lazy way of speech, to me shows a general lack of respect a maybe degree of laziness.

Recently had to purchase around a thousand bucks worth of high quality hardware but, the young lady talked fast, slurred words, impatient like I am steeling time from her important life. I told her right off that I was sorry, that I will find somewhere else because of the way she talked to me and said goodbye.

I called another place and they were patient, willing to explain things, asked me to come down and verify everything together with an appointment. It was like night and day difference. Most everyone there was older generation people. 

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

• Staff
4 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

I agree completely. It's not all of the younger ones but a vast majority.  They don't want to take the time to deal with anyone face to face or take the time to know their job or products they are selling. No pride in their work either. 

yes I notice that too! I think it's high time we tell them why we are leaving for another place whenever it's like that. Make them wake up and get 'Woke' :thumb1:

Edited by JAG1

• Owner

The older generation like myself does on a daily schedule I'm still supporting people face ot face even if I do make a mistake. I'll stand up and make it right with the customer. 

Heck yesterday I fixed up a truck that had a bad APPS sensor, then had a high idle idling issue which was his banks tuner screwing with the idle, then lost 4th gear on the transmission which was a bad noise filter added to the PCM. After all the wire work and making things right after someone at the Cascade Dodge dealer screwed up. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

I don't know how businesses keep the doors open nowadays. Can't find anyone to work and the ones that grace your business with their presence have one thing on their mind......$15/hr minimum with zero interest in doing a good job or actually learning their job. Heaven forbid if they're not allowed to bury their heads in their phones during business hours.

1 minute ago, Max Tune said:

I don't know how businesses keep the doors open nowadays. Can't find anyone to work and the ones that grace your business with their presence have one thing on their mind......$15/hr minimum with zero interest in doing a good job or actually learning their job. Heaven forbid if they're not allowed to bury their heads in their phones during business hours.

Nail on the head there

Quarry where I used to work as Mobile Plant maintenance supervisor set on a 16 year old kid, zero interest in the job, late every day, first off the job

I'm fitting a stick cylinder to a Cat 349F on my own, he's in the office on his phone all afternoon, he only came out of the office to ask to be driven to the canteen so he could clock out and go home, I said to him "oh your legs work then" he burst into tears and over the next few days tried his damnest to get me the boot for abuse, area manager asked him to tell him what I actually said and did, kid says "oh your legs work then " needless to say he was told to go find another job as a quarry is no place for snowflakes

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Staff
3 hours ago, wil440 said:

Nail on the head there

Quarry where I used to work as Mobile Plant maintenance supervisor set on a 16 year old kid, zero interest in the job, late every day, first off the job

I'm fitting a stick cylinder to a Cat 349F on my own, he's in the office on his phone all afternoon, he only came out of the office to ask to be driven to the canteen so he could clock out and go home, I said to him "oh your legs work then" he burst into tears and over the next few days tried his damnest to get me the boot for abuse, area manager asked him to tell him what I actually said and did, kid says "oh your legs work then " needless to say he was told to go find another job as a quarry is no place for snowflakes

That's awesome! Hopefully he learned a lesson that day. I'm so tired of these younger generations being such sissies

They cry at a minor dig on them. God forbid you insult them in any way or call them by the wrong pronoun. Holy crap! 

Most of these young "men" don't know what it means to be a man, a father or a good employee. Crazy

• Like 4