• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Legacy Subscription plans

• Owner

I'm to notify all members that still seeing Silver, Gold or Platinum plan in the post bit these will be coming to a close and cancelled. I will be cancelling all silver, gold, and platinum plans here in the next few days. You'll need to renew on the new subscription system being these plan will be soon deleted from the website. Please visit the subscription page to renew on the newer monthly, quarterly or yearly plans. There is 51 member that will be impacted by this.

If your having any problems with this please contact me either by PM, support ticket, or phone call I'll get you moved over to the new plans. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Old donation system. You could stack donations adding time to renewal period.

11 hours ago, LorenS said:

$100/year now versus $25/year just a month ago when I renewed, with half the messages and half the file storage.  Inflation is here, for sure.

Storage has to be considered very carefully. Being my server does not have a endless supply of storage space. Being there is 10,000 plus members here even with 10 megabytes of storage for photos and files for a monthly subscription now multiply that 10 MB by 10,000 people that would be 100 GB for every member to have 10 MB. So This is why the smaller sizes being the entire website is running on a 160 GB SSD hard drive. You have to remember the member count is growing...

Here is what is left for storage...

image.png

This server is $1,388.00 a year and the bill comes this month. If I got to have a bigger hard drive then the price goes up from there... Hence the price change...

Not to mention the other software that are running here I just renewed the licenses on all the other plugins and updated. Then you have the domain name, the SSL Security Certificate, Email Server, etc. There is absolutely nothing about being a website owner that comes free. All these bills have to be paid monthly, bi-yearly or yearly. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Ok I did the cancel and then yearly tell me if it worked and did I do it right  ???

I was Platinum so gone up $55 which is £41.44 at todays conversion, the yearly is now £75 to me

To put this into prospective  I can easily spend £41.44 on a takeaway meal, £75 might get me and my wife a night in a pub with some towards a meal afterwards but wouldn't cut it if I went out with my brother for a night.

I have 2  2nd gens one cummins 2500 and one 5.9 gas 3500 both 4x4 and both 1998, £75 per yr is well worth it for me, and also a few on here have helped me out with parts which I appreciate more than I can ever say.... you know who you are and thanks

It is difficult running these trucks in the UK, made easier by this website

As a different comparison my 2500 diesel costs me £100 to fill from one line below 1/2 

• Like 2

It would be nice if everyone that benefits from this place pitched in, then we all could get a break on yearly fee. Even if everyone that came here gave a $1 I think it would make a huge difference, but it comes down to 50 members to keep the ball rolling. Not arguing that lots of information and help, plus friendship here is well worth $100 a year, I'm just talking to myself at the moment. Ignore and keep doing what ever it is you're doing. 

• Owner

Exactly. When it was donation based it was only 0.5% to 0.8% of members kicking in. At least now its 4% and its a level playing field. 

Just consider I've spent over $200 just in upgrading software. Paying for licenses on software that have expired. Then I've invested over 24 to 48 hours of work to do what I have for security, updates, software upgrades, and performance improvements. Again if you think owning a website is free you are sadly mistaken. Just for the main software which is produced by Invision Community my bi-yearly license fees is $220 for just one piece of software. Some might ask why do you pay that? Because this company releases updates and security updates constantly as long as your license is up to date. To keep hackers out, and software up to date with the rest of the internet I've gotta pay that bill. That is just one of many pieces to this website. 

Then the more I keep studying the internet and the new policies that are coming into effect I've got to keep pushing forward being mobile devices now in the front seat and you have to keep adding to your server to allow for push notifications for mobile device. Just like I found out about another server header I've got to study up on that gives permissions for mobile devices. Again this feature is not present currently but i'll be working on it and finding out what has to be done too.

So I know some have voiced some negative feeling to price changes and reduction of storage but I've got to work with what I've got and keep pushing forward... The other option is close the doors and shut down M73M for good. Because I'm not going to pay these bills from my pocket. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

• Owner

The problem is this new system was start back in 2020. Everyone some how was continuing to renew on the old system I waited a year hoping that people would be renewing to the new system and... Nope. They are still in the old system renewing. I've been seeing several entries seeing renewal for the "old system" which was suppose to stop back in 2020 when the new system started. 

So what should I do then? :shrug:

Post dated back to Sept 2020...

Edited by Mopar1973Man

35 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

So what should I do then? :shrug:

If it's costing you money to run this website then as you say subscriptions need to increase, me personally I wouldn't want the hassle of renewing every month, yearly is for me and $100 is fine.

I read some of the link above and I wasn't aware of a "New" renewal system, my renewal is due May 22 so May 21 I must have renewed on the old system, I simply did not see any reference to a new system or new charges.

• Owner

There was a notice in the subscription page for the entire year but everyone kept just hitting renew even though the software was set for DO NOT sell that product but still did any anyways... This was set for all silver, gold and platinum packages. I was expecting the system to expire the subscription and prevent the renewal but with a 7 day grace period given it possible to renew and keep that old account going I found out a year later. 

image.png

Edited by Mopar1973Man